Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hooray for Hobby Lobby! >
  • Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

• Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 AM

Default Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to look for some little things to put into my Secret Santa box for my Secret Santa partner. Found a gorgeous Christmas ornament that is right at the top of her wish list!

While I was there I looked at the fabrics department. WOW! They have some gorgeous fabric....very good quality and the prices can't be beat! I think I may do my shopping there from now on and use JoAnn's coupons for batting and extra wide backing, supplies, thread etc. I was so impressed!
    Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
    Power Poster

I keep forgetting about HOBBY LOBBY! They have great deals. And so very true. I got some black on white and vice versa for very good prices. And they try very hard to make sure everything is put back in it's place. I've seen the mgr. of the whole store help restock if the employees are overwhelmed.
    Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM
    Power Poster

I have never been to a Hobby Lobby, but they are planning to open their first store in Oregon here in Albany early next year. I'm looking forward to it.
    Old 10-04-2013, 08:39 AM

I enjoy Hobby Lobby. Their clearance fabrics are often a real bargain and they often have seasonal fabric at 30% off ..... then there's always their weekly 40% discount on one regular priced item - when I remember to take the coupon with me. Wish I was technologically talented when I see some people show the coupon on their cell phones.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-06-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: remove political statement
    Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 AM

I love their fabrics. Like Connecting Threads, they have fabrics made just for them. Great hand and softness. AND the prices are wonderful. And what is not produced for them are all high quality. Such a great place.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-06-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: remove political statement
    Old 10-04-2013, 09:41 AM
    Power Poster

I have loved them from the "in the beginning years" in Oklahoma City. They have always been my go to place for sewing and craft supplies. They are the best!
    Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
    Power Poster

All their fabrics are 30% off. If you tell the Lady cutting fabric you want the regular price, you will be able to use the 40% off coupon. I have bought lots of fabrics there. Very good quality.
    Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle
    All their fabrics are 30% off. If you tell the Lady cutting fabric you want the regular price, you will be able to use the 40% off coupon. I have bought lots of fabrics there. Very good quality.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I rarely get to use my coupon since it doesn't apply to sale items. Thanks for the heads-up
    BTW, the coupon is issued weekly, but can be used every day if you go that often.
    Old 10-04-2013, 11:16 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I live in a tiny town. Monday was my son's 36th birthday and he lives in a big city. I spent the day with him and we did what he wanted. We drove by a Hobby Lobby. First one I ever saw. I so wanted to stop there, but it was his day, so I couldn't do it to him. Next time I go visit him, I'll go there before I go to his home. I need to find out if they have a JoAnn's in that city. They probably do. I haven't been in one of those for over 20 years.
    Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle
    I love Hobby Lobby. I am pretty sure you can ask the checkout clerk to ring up anything on sale in the store at regular price and then apply your 40% coupon. But, Jingle is right, for fabric you ask the person cutting your fabric to mark it at regular price so when you reach the checkout you can use your coupon.

DH usually accompanies me to Hobby Lobby. He finds lots of items which he can utilize for his woodworking craft. Nothing like shopping with your best buddy!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-06-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: remove political statement