Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Houston International Quilt Festival >
  • Houston International Quilt Festival

• Houston International Quilt Festival

Old 11-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Default Houston International Quilt Festival

I went to the Quilt Festival this afternoon and had a great time. I bought a couple of patterns for applique wall hangings, and a nice kit for a batik lap quilt from Indonesian Batiks (http:/indobatiks.com). I met Frieda Anderson at the ArtFabrik booth and bought one of her kits for a gorgeous wall hanging. I really enjoyed talking with her and she was so encouraging to this newbie quilter.

I also bought a really clever portable design wall. My studio is set up for jewelry making and beadwork so there's not an open space for a design wall. This will collapse easily when I don't need it. It's made by http:/cherylannsdesignwall.com

There's so many gorgeous things there, most way beyond my skills right now. But I loved all the eye candy.

P.S. Of course, I bought fabric!

Sandy
    Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm jealous! Know someone who is down there with her quilt. Would love to see photos of the show or isn't that allowed? The quilt my friend made is from a theme "good for you" and her subject is belly dancers.
    Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by liking quilting
    I'm jealous! Know someone who is down there with her quilt. Would love to see photos of the show or isn't that allowed? The quilt my friend made is from a theme "good for you" and her subject is belly dancers.
    Some areas of the exhibits allow photos so I'll take some when I go back tomorrow. I'll look for your friend's quilt. Do you know what exhibit she's in?

Sandy
    Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM

I'm a volunteer on a project there - going back tomorrow and the next day. It's a lot of fun - I've really enjoyed myself and met a lot of very awesome people. (It also helps that my husband keeps asking if I want to buy more stuff It isn't that photos aren't allowed, it's that only some photos are allowed, and there are restrictions. Lots of booth owners don't want photos taken of their booths (you should see all the signs), and certain walls of the show aren't to be photographed. Moreover, if you take photos, there are specific rules you're supposed to follow regarding where to post them (You can't post them to a site that freely allows products to be made with the photos, for example.)
    Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
    Power Poster

Can't wait to see the pics - even want to see pics of what you bought Hint- hint- hint LOL
    Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM

sound like a wonderful afternoon