Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Houston Quilt Festival >
  • Houston Quilt Festival

• Houston Quilt Festival

Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM

You will have so much fun! I went 3 time 2008, 2010, and 2012. Just got the catalog for this year so am getting the bug to go back in 2014. This year my friend and I are going to Des Moines for the first time. When we go to Houston we sign up for classes separately so we don't feel "obligated" to go to something that we may not like. Last year we did go on the bus trip to LaGrange - it was a blast! I never thought I would go one time and I've been there 3 times! It is the granddaddy of all quilt shows in my opinion.
    Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 PM

I know that any and all that want to go should go! I have taken many classes at festival. I am lucky enough to live in the area. I have found that taking classes with my guild is just as good, and much less expensive. I just don't have the access to everything as I do at festival. Classes start before the festival starts. So Monday through Wednesday it is quilt market still and only available to wholesale folks in the industry. I took a day class from Karen K.Buckley, (she goes by Karen)where we got the whole pattern for the Fiesta quilt she won ribbons for last year. She is chalk full of great tips and is one of the most professional teachers I have run in to. That is a complement. You start learning who are good teachers along the way! Have fun!