Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting? >
  • How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting?

• How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM

I bought my embroidery machine for this very reason - a used Pfaff 2170. I have a jillion embroidery designs, because I joined John Deer's Club after taking one of his classes - he and Anita Goodesign have good quilting designs that I have used. Use Search above and look at my Dear Jane Christmas Quilt - all quilting was with John Deer designs. It was vey easy to line them up with the squares in the quilt. Larger areas might take a little more time, but as you become used to using your machine, it gets easier. A large quilt just takes more patience than a small one - LOL. I babysit my machine while it's quilting - don't want to pick out stitches!

The suggestion to put the machine and quilt on the floor would probably be a good idea with a big quilt. Most of mine are lap quilts, and they fit nicely on my work table.[/quote][/quote]

Beautiful quilt! When I first read it, I thought,why in the world does a tractor site also have embroidery designs. Then I looked more closely at the spelling. LOL
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 PM

I am getting ready to do a king size. I will be doing it in three sections and then hook sections together. I did a queen size in one piece. I tried just using basting spray but had some bunching so I used lots of basting pens and that solved problem.Have fun and practice Good Luckand happy quilting.
    Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 AM

If I ever get off the Board today, I'm about to quilt another lap quilt with John Deer designs - this time Redwork that I have altered with Pfaff's 5D Extra. I won't go into talking about 5D here - that's a topic for another thread - and I'll post pictures of this lap quilt in another thread, which I'll call 'Oh My Stars!' - though I don't suggest that anyone hold their breath! Me and picture-posting don't seem to get along lately!