Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How did you celebrate National Quilt Day? >
  • How did you celebrate National Quilt Day?

• How did you celebrate National Quilt Day?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 PM

I did some hand quilting on a quilt that was supposed to be finished by Christmas!!
    Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM

Cooking. Tomorrow is a Baby Shower for my daughter. So tonight I have my MIL and step FIL spending the night. All three of my daughters were here for dinner and two of their husbands, 9 in all. Tonight we had Tri-Tip, brown & wild rice, Asparagus saute'd with garlic, home made bread, tossed green salad and Pie which we picked up at the farmers marked. I also made a huge homemade lasagna for tomorrow nights dinner after the baby shower, which will include the 9 of us plus another DD's husband, his sister, my parents and a sister in law, I think that makes 14
    DH and I did go to the farmers marked and buy some fresh Strawberries (oh, so sweet), some fresh asparagus and lettuce, and spinach and found these pies (which were delicious)

I did get to sew on labels to 3 quilts that I need to get "out the door' One will go to church to a "handicapped" couple, and one is a wedding gift for a wedding that is going on next weekend that we are unable to attend and the other is for my DH's aunt. She wrote us a very nice note and asked if I would make her a quilt. So.... I had one I had made for a boutique that did not sell so I sewed a label on it and hopefully I will have a couple of quilts in the mail tomorrow.
    Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 PM

I had a good National quilting day! I started off this morning playing with my new old machine that my dh put a new plug on for me! I cut and sewed hst's, stayed in my jammies til noon. We then went to a wedding in another town! When we got back home, I started cutting more squares. I also started organizing my stash in the closet! I can't seem to find anything other than I know there is a lot of fabric in there. I also cleaned up my sewing room a bit, it needed it!
    Old 03-19-2011, 09:56 PM

Spent the day sewing, of course. :)

Quilted a table runner and tried the "self-binding" method. Turned out ok, too!

Also, continued my QAYG reversible string quilt. Making the blocks is fun but putting them together, not so much.

Made a pillowcase as a reward to myself for continuing to try and master the QAYG technique for joining string blocks. Felt better after completing the pillowcase (I know how to make those). lol

And found some Easter fabric leftover from last year and made two bibs for the grandbabies.

Did not realize it was National Quilting Day. But it was a fun day!
    Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 PM

I had to work. However my job is at a LQS. I got to see everyone shopping. One ladies face was priceless when she noticed we had dino material!! She left with that line very happy. I did not get to do any quilting today though as I was so exhausted when I got home.
    Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by merry
    We went fabric shopping! Also checked out a "new to me" LQS that's just a great shop. Had a wonderful day :thumbup:

How about you?
    I started painting out the spare bedroom so we could move into it Tuesday, hopefully will finish it today. Then Wednesday, I'll start painting out the our original bedroom, so, Tin Lizzie 18DL will have a fresh new room of her own when she arrives at the end of March. Did I mention, I really don't like painting...but, someone has to do it and my DH dislikes it more than me, so.....