Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How Do You Stay Focused? >
  • How Do You Stay Focused?

• How Do You Stay Focused?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
    Focused? If I were focused I would be in the sewing room instead of at the computer. And the funny thing is, once I get started with the sewing I realize that I would rather do that than sit at the computer, but yet here I sit.

I know, isn't it the strangest thing!
    Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM

When a fire gets lit under me..Like a promised quilt and deadline looming!
    Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM

On these nice days I spent weeding my flowers garden's with all is rain they got away from me
    Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 PM

I'm not sure I am focused. So many "have-to" fill my life and I yearn to quilt. I just don't put housecleaning as a very high priority, except when company's coming. Our church and our grandchildren and friends keep us busy. I would love to sew a lot more than I am able. When I have time, I will just sew non-stop because I just love it. I would forget to eat unless I was starving.
    Old 06-25-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by jmabby
    As I get older, and sure am getting there, I find it harder to stay focused. I start 4-5 things each morning, then sit down to sew, I remember I need coffee, start to make coffee, the dog wants to go out, let her out and remember I have a load of laundry ready to come out, Oh, have mail a letter - try finding a env., I guess I should get out of my pjs, etc. Finally sit down to sew and need coffee, start all over again.
    You and I have a LOT in common. I go through the same "steps" every morning. Geez!
    Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Me too. I don't stay focused long. Too many things in life going on but my quilting is always there for me. Crossstitching if I am in my bedroom, hadnquitling if I'm in the den, sewing on the machine in my sewing room. Etc. Then between rooms is a little housework and other little chores to be done. Whatever gets done in a day does, what doesn't...well there's always tomorrow. ♥♥
    been reading these replies and LOL...I do different things in different rooms too...embroidery and template marking, applique cutting in living room, sewing in sewing room, read quilt magazines in the car all the time....
    what's focused? I can do that...for a little while, but once I get good and interrupted, lol...I'm still focused...on something else! :shock:
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Ann
    On these nice days I spent weeding my flowers garden's with all is rain they got away from me
    Agree today walked at 5 am soo light out I wake right up, then weeded until 645, quick shower, then off to work 8 till 445, the dinner and more weeding, just read scriptures and now too tired to quilt, but will do a little more reading then off to bed. But soo much rain equals soo much weeds is ok though, when it is nice can do it and would rather be outside winter too long!
    Old 07-07-2011, 05:17 PM

MerryQuilter - you could throw some of the rain down this way! I'd come weed your yard!
    Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by jmabby
    As I get older, and sure am getting there, I find it harder to stay focused. I start 4-5 things each morning, then sit down to sew, I remember I need coffee, start to make coffee, the dog wants to go out, let her out and remember I have a load of laundry ready to come out, Oh, have mail a letter - try finding a env., I guess I should get out of my pjs, etc. Finally sit down to sew and need coffee, start all over again.
    :lol:
    Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
    Focused, I think I work on 4 or 5 different things a day. If I'm not in a hurry to get one done, I work on something, and then I'm thinking of something else. So I'm never focused, but am always sewing. House cleaning, dinner, that all comes second, and it's to hot down here to be outside any longer than just getting the mail. So my nice sewing room, which is nice and cool, blinds opento watch the one huge tree we have that gives the house shade all day. So I can be in my little room with no problems.
    Aaaah! Trees! One of the pleasures God gives us: the slightest movement of tree leaves outside the window always makes me feel cooler.