Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How do you transport your machine when you travel? >
  • How do you transport your machine when you travel?

• How do you transport your machine when you travel?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
    When I carry my machine in the car, it is safely stuck behind the front seat. Snuggled in tightly. When I have traveled with a LA, (did this once) I buckled it in with many seat belts!
    Carrying my sewing machine is OK for me, but I would like to get a lighter one to travel with, I'm not old, but it is tough to haul those big ones around.
    I also use the seat belts to secure my machine on the back seat. It doesn't move at all.
    Old 04-22-2011, 02:15 AM

Are you going to be carrying it on planes for travel. If so I would definately recommend investing in a case that has the handle on the short side so that it can be pulled down the isle. I carried my machine in front of me all the way down the plane to the next to last row and that was a killer on the back. Here is one link:http://www.planetpatchwork.com/tuttoreview.htm
    Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 AM

I have a case on wheels too!
    Old 04-22-2011, 03:31 AM

bought a rolling case at Hancocks watch when they go on sale. Do support your sewinfg macine with insolation puut fabric around it to protect it from moving around and getting off line. i also went several years ago to COSTCO and bought a canvas rolling bag whose purpose wqas to carry tools. Just look around you will find something not as pricey :thumbup:

Checked out Harbor Freights andthey have a bag like the one i bought at Costco check it out
    https://shop.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=tool+bags]https://shop.harborfreight.com/catal...lt?q=tool+bags[/url]

good price if your machine can fit in it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 AM

I got a case on wheels from Hancocks when they were 50% off. It works fine for my Bernina 230 but is too small and I don't think sturdy enough for the Bernina 730 I had, sold. My Janome 350e is also too big for the case.
    Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 AM

I bought one from Joannes on sale -- is large with extra pockets for scissors, etc. It's fabric but has hard sides and is large enough for the Janome 6500. Then I hit yard sales and Craigs list because I'd like to teach some quilting to those who aren't so fortunate and probably won't have machines. Found several old Singers but needed something to pack them in. The old machines (485s & 600s amoung others) are too tall for the regular Singer cases, so I ordered one with wheels from Nancy's Notions. It is a good size, but the sides are just heavy fabric -- no extra cushion. It was about $79. I spotted a duo (machine case on wheels with another case to sit on it at: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abc1217.html
    Lots to see there -- also lots of other accessories for your machines.