Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How long does it take you to do a quilt? >
  • How long does it take you to do a quilt?

• How long does it take you to do a quilt?

Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM

I really liked this discussion, and here's my woes on finishing quilts. The very first quilt I started took about 20 YEARS to finish!! I started it for a friend's baby and ended up giving it to someone else's baby about 20 years later. The very second one I started in my first quilting class over 20 years ago is still in my UFO pile. One that I started in my second quilting class about 15 years ago is still in my UFO pile. That said, I have finished a nuber of baby and lap quilts over the years. So the lesson I learned is that sometimes it just takes longer to finish some projects than others!! :lol:
    Old 06-19-2010, 02:17 PM

I'm so sorry about your Sister. That's a real tough pill to swallow. When you're ready, you'll quilt again. Until then take it one day at a time and grieve as you see fit. God Bless You.
    Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 PM

I am very sorry about your loss.
    After reading all that everyone has written isn't it great that we are all individuals. Some have to finish one project before starting another, some have many WIP, some have many UFO but I am sure the one consistant thing is we are all full of future ideas. I have one UFO that I started when I was pregnant with our youngest son - he is now 25. I will probably never complete that quilt - that is OK because it reminds me of how far I have come. Grieving is like that there is no right or wrong way to do it. Give yourself time, you will do the right thing for you whether it is completing that quilt or starting something else but above all take care of yourself.