Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many don't  join swaps and why >
  • How many don't join swaps and why

• How many don't join swaps and why

Old 02-11-2010, 07:30 AM

I don't join because of too many irons in the fire and a deep seated phobia about deadlines... I know it's dumb.. but there it is. I did do Secret Santa and had a ball.. I so enjoyed sending things to BlueChicken and the package from Nancy was wonderful!!! I've swapped some things on a personal .. one to one level with a couple of other members and am thinking of designing an "international" doll quilt to use some of the wonderful fabrics I've received.. what a fantastic group of friends I have found!!
    Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 AM
    Power Poster

I am not a joiner of anything. If I had to do something by a certain time it would become like a job and I like doing things in my own time. Some swaps I have seen don't match others. Some people go all out and others do the very bare minimum to just get by.
    Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 AM

Have never heard of any around here at all. I swear I am the only person in St. Paul that quilts. No quilting get togethers, no nothing - sad isn't it???? Nothing even at churches around here. As far as that goes, think on this one - whatever happened to coffee parties, impromptu, after hanging clothes out on the line - grab some cookies, or coffee cake and sit around at a picnic table, enjoy the morning, take a break for an hour and visit! Edie
    Old 02-11-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by erhausfrau
    Have never heard of any around here at all. I swear I am the only person in St. Paul that quilts. No quilting get togethers, no nothing - sad isn't it???? Nothing even at churches around here. As far as that goes, think on this one - whatever happened to coffee parties, impromptu, after hanging clothes out on the line - grab some cookies, or coffee cake and sit around at a picnic table, enjoy the morning, take a break for an hour and visit! Edie
    That would be great! I remember my mom would have friends & family in to work on quilts. I think the impromtu has been hidden behind the hustle & bustle.
    Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM

I sure hope I don't disappoint, but I wanted to be included in all the excitement. soooo, if I disappoint sorry, but I want to play too! :-P
    Old 02-11-2010, 08:58 AM

I don't expect to join any swaps. I'm picky about fabric quality and wouldn't care to receive Walmart $1 per yard quarters or blocks.
    Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM

I just don't have the time to get involved in a swap. I work full time and have so many other WIP's that I need to get done. I think receiving the surprise in the mail would be fun though.
    Old 02-11-2010, 12:48 PM

I have only joined in one swap and it was a blast. It was the blue and white star block swap. I was thrilled with every block I received-I loved the variety of stars and the shades of blue. Mostly what I loved about it was that each block I got was lovingly made by another member of this board.

I have not participated in any swaps since because I simply do not have the time. But I sure love looking at the swap results when everyone posts them on the board
    Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM

I've done several. I quit doing them because I wasn't getting the colors I requested (would get WOW instead of creams, etc.) and the workmanship was pathetic way too often. I would love to get into another one, but need to find one that is a little more regulated. I put a lot of effort into the squares I put out (I wouldn't send anything I wouldn't use) and I guess I just expect the same back!
    Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Joined centralized FQ swaps in another group .
    Swap mom was very strict and would return to sender
    fabrics that did not meet the rules .
    I was stashing creams and reds.

Have been disappointed in a swap that the mom herself
    has never mailed back the 12 strip blocks I was entitled
    and never replied my emails.

Dont join block swaps.