Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many fabric store trips a week? >
  • How many fabric store trips a week?

• How many fabric store trips a week?

Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 PM

I had to pat myself on the back for staying out of Joann's for about two months this summer. Then I blew it by going to the LQS and buying a few pannels and a kit. I did go to Joann's last Saturday and of course they were pretty bare from Black Friday. I am the one who said, "I AM NOT GOING TO JOSNNS. Well I didn't till they had sold out of everything I would have bought. I did buy some spray adhesive and one of those big square rullers with the slits for rotery cutting. I just HAD to use those 50% off coupons. Those are what gets me every time. My mantra is BUT THEY ARE 50% OFF! ! !
    Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 AM

Right now I am trying to finish up for the holidays and getting ready for our trip back to CT. So I haven't been to the fab shops in awhile. But I usually shop online and will go to the LQS if I am looking for something in particular for a project. But going into the LQS and looking and feeling all the new fabrics can get overwhelming - but oh it is so enjoyable.
    Old 12-12-2010, 06:27 AM

maybe once a month...but I do a lot of online buying!
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
    I don't have time to go to LQS I am too busy buying on here and other online shops.
    Thank you, thank you, Granna of 5...(I'm a grandma of 6 :P ). If I were to admit the number of times I go onto a fabric site online, my DH would probably faint!! Soooo...lets just keep that information out of the public eye! :lol:
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM

I live close to everything in Orlando. There are two Joann's 12 miles north and west of me. And there are 3 quilt shops within 15-20 minutes of me. So I struggle NOT to go to them. But like others those coupons from Joann's are the bomb, and its hard to pass them up from week to week. I don't have much of a stash so building it up is fun! So I make about 2-3 trips
    each week. I'm addicted. (lol)
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:58 AM

not sure how this averages but this last week i...

went to 2 estate sales and bought fabric, joanns and hancocks each twice, ordered online from 3 diff sites, and visited 3 lqs'. all of this was absolutely necessary. lol
    Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Depends -- the shops I like the most are about 20+ miles away now, so I don't go often. A couple of our doctors are close to them, so every month to month and a half I make the rounds of 2 or 3 stores. I also seem to be buying a lot more online lately.

Used to go almost every day when I worked in a shop and lived in Phoenix. And then another shop opened about a mile from my home, and they were soooo nice, and there was a 31 Flavors next door to it. I was there every couple of days. Needless to say my stash is huge and I should never buy fabric again, but you know what they say -- "never say never!".
    Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

I don't go to the shops that often, but I am always browsing the online shops. Usually order something a bout every 3 weeks. But have told myself NO MORE until I get my "to do" list donr. I have fabric all sorted for ( some even cut) for 10 quilts!
    Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM

My only store available is Joanns. It is 15 minutes away. I might go 2 times a month. I prefer to buy online because the quality I get online is much better and at a much better price than Joanns. I have been watching the sales and getting nice name brand fabric at fabric.com for less than $4.00 a yard. A lot of times I have coupons off the total price. I also buy a lot from connecting threads. I love their fabric and their clearance sections. I don't like to waste the time to run to Joanns. It is time I could be sewing. I will be going on Wed. because I have a luncheon with my homemakers club and it is just a few doors down from Joanns. I know exactly what I will buy, have the coupn and have the cash in my pocket. Our budget is tight as DH retired last month so I love the coupons.
    Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Once a week is fabric shopping day, they never said only one store!