Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many machines? >
  • How many machines?

• How many machines?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:26 PM

I've got 6. Voyager 17 for quilting, a Pfaff for piecing, a Brother for pp, a Pfaff Select 3.0 (will probably sell), a Pfaff serger that I haven't used since I quit making clothes, and a Janome 6600.
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 PM

I have a total of 6 machines, 2 of them are low end Janome's one of them will be going to my DIL when she has some time (she keeps having kids and is still busy), one Singer Featherweight, one Janome serger, Bernina 830 and the last one is another Bernina a 350. I use them all but one of the low end Janomes.
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM

I have 2 machines and 2 sergers that I use. I have an antique treadle that isn't working.
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM

Oh - I wanted to state for the record, that I'm 28 years old, and of my 6 machines, I've spent less than $500 on all of them. :) So, that's good right??

I only have one more dream machine - a hand crank. So if anyone has one they want to sell/get rid of, let me know please!!!
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:49 PM

I have eight machines but when I can, I have only used one singer. Some in cases are much too heavy for me to lug around and try to see if the even sew but they were all either cheap or given too me. my house is full of machines. I really don't have a space too keep them but I want too keep them and if I can get my carpul tunnel fixed and nothing else happens too me, I plan on going too take some classes as I just can't seem too grasp how too start a quilt my myself and right now I can't cut anything with my hand the way it is.
    Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 PM

One Viking (not an embroiderer), two FeatherWeights, one White serger, one White embroiderer (not a sewing machine). Yes, I use all of them. Then there are the toy machines on the shelf just to admire.
    Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 PM

I have 5 total. 3 are Featherweights and all 3 are in working order. I have one old singer that uses cams. It was given to me by my Mother. She used it to make our jammies when we were kids. It doesn't work, but I hope to have it serviced and working some day. Then I have my new computerized machine. I use it the most, but I also use the featherweights.
    Old 06-18-2011, 02:17 PM

I have an old (not sure of the year) Universal sewing machine in a cabinet that I inherited from my grandmother. I learned to quilt on it. Then my husband bought me a Brother SQ9000 which I love. I do all of my piecing on the Brother, and sometimes do the actual quilting on the Universal because of the larger throat space.
    Old 06-18-2011, 02:56 PM

I forgot I have a Singer Futura II and another singer in a leather bowling type bag that I was going to get cleaned up and give to youngest daughter. I probably should quit looking at auction sales, but there is one coming up soon in the Minot area, that if it isn't too high priced migt come home with me. I used to use all my machines til I moved and dh bought that whole bunch at auction in Minot. those I have gone through to see if they work or not and have been giving them away if someone says they need a machine. Youngest has a friend in WY who has a niece who wants to learn to sew and I said she could have one if she wanted it. I also have a Sphinx that I bought on EBAY and had cleaned born in 1897 yr my grandma was born in Prussia. The guy who cleaned it up said it was a wonderful old machine. I bought some extra shuttles just in case I decided to try to sew with her. Only one of my machines has a name and that is from dparris kids at her school, who had a contest to name her.
    Old 06-18-2011, 03:01 PM

I have a FW centenial with all the attachments,1630 bernina,jenoma,singer treadle,was my mother-in-laws and I treasure it,viking designer 1, viking designer SE, a singer Futura and a comercial machine.
    I have these because of my husband and he thinks I need a new one,I told him, I don't feel like learning a new one, I have the best DH,he looks for pretty fabric or any sewing and quilting supplies,after a while I run out of room,he is very supportive of whatever I get into.

d.swindle