Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many machines? >
  • How many machines?

• How many machines?

Old 09-27-2014, 10:49 AM

3 sergers, 4 embroidery machines, 2 mechanical sewing machines, 4 computerized sewing machines. Two of the machines are currently for sale on Craigslist and 2 of the machines are at my winter home. The only machine that doesn't get used very much is my Brother mechanical. I definitely don't need 4 embroidery machines (one is a 6 needle and one is for sale) but when I embroider, it's usually a marathon and I have them all going at once. I guess I'm emotionally attached to them.
    Old 09-27-2014, 03:19 PM

Other than thayerrag sew I g shop quiltnutt has the most! Love reading about your babies!
    Old 09-27-2014, 03:23 PM

I own three sewing machines which includes a vintage Singer and one Embroidery machine.
    Old 09-27-2014, 05:40 PM

I have 4. The Janome I bought when I first stared quilting, a 1947 Featherweight which I thought I had to have, but have never used, and my Brother travel machine and my Brother Dreanweaver. I am seriously thinking about selling the Featherweight.
    Old 09-27-2014, 06:45 PM

3 total. Use all 3, all the time. My original 1967 Singer 600 (gift from parents) 1956 Singer 401A (was my mother's) and a Janome 415 I bought used in 2009. I normally have all 3 set up, each with it's on project. The Janome is not good at holding tensions so I have to keep a close eye on the stitches.
    Old 09-28-2014, 04:33 AM

I have 9 machines. 4 are in one room and are used regularly. My Designer SE (which I do most sewing on). An industrial machine because I do upholstery often as side work-I just upholstered the interior of a boat. It was a chore but it was all my summer spending money. A serger - can't live without that. A old darning machine that I converted into a midarm quilting machine - it works because a darning machine doesn't have a feed dog. I recently got a 12' frame and a Viking Mega Quilter but that had to have a room of it's own. It is lonely too. I have 2 older machines that I picked up at a garage sale for $10 or less and I got them working and will give them away.You know the instances when someone says "Ah I wish I could sew but I don't have a machine" and then they ask you to mend something for them - I give them a machine and say "Here ya go". I hate mending. I have an old Viking 990 that I love, love, love and although don't use often, I can not part with. And I have a Singer Quantum 600 I think - gosh I got to look at it. I think I'm going to sell that one because I don't use it anymore.
    Old 09-28-2014, 05:01 AM

I have a basic model Brother sewing machine plus a Bother embroidery machine plus a serger. then I have a Bernina industrial machine that also does zig zag, all working and all used, then I have an indutrial 5 thread serger that does jeans with the extra stitching line but so far I havent been able to get it to work properly.
    Old 09-28-2014, 05:54 AM

9 I think, which include my long arm, 6 needle emb machine, 2 sergers , a featherweight, 2 Pfaff older machines, 3 Berninas and my first machine, a Singer touch and sew, oh and an old Singer hand crank used for display, oops, And a Singer 301. Hmmm, that is 13! I use most at one time or another except the handcrank.
    Old 09-28-2014, 02:27 PM

I now have 4 machines (Janome 8900, a 221, a 222, and now a 99) plus my Innova LA.
    Old 09-29-2014, 11:07 PM

I have 5 machines, 1 is a serger, I have them set up with different thread colors, so I can do a quick job w/o changing thread.