Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many quilt tops do you have? >
  • How many quilt tops do you have?

• How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKay
    I have just joined, this is my first post. I am so glad to know many of you have unfinished quilt tops. Now I may not have to hide them from my husband because I can tell him "oh everyone has lots of unfinished quilt tops."
    LOL! Absolutely! I was sitting on the couch next to my DH yesterday, quilting my wall hanging, when I told him that it apparently was perfectly normal to have several quilt tops unfinished. He said he didn't think it was a good idea. lol He probably saw in his mind the sewing starting to fill with fabric and quilt tops and slowly pushing him and his small craft table out.
    Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
    Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
    I have been straighten out my fabric room. In the process I've found over 30 projects that I have cut and started, each one in a plastic box. This hasn't stopped me from starting new projects....I wonder if this disease has a name!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it does. It is the "Quilt Pox." There is no known cure.
    ROFL!
    Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 AM

I have 3 in various stages. One almost done, one just started and waiting to talk to me about what it wants to be finished and one sandwiched.
    Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 AM

I have one in the floor quilt stand (hand quilting) and am english paper piecing one and machine quilting one. I have two twin size to quilt. I try to finish up some before I start others. (Doesn't always work out that way)
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 AM

I have 7, and right now I am working on getting them quilted before I start a new one.
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Look out Ditter!! I see flying fat quarters thrown at you for finishing a project before you start another LOL.

I have ten completed tops ready to be quilted, six tops that in the piecing stage, another 13 projects bagged with fabric and patterns together, 40 projects I'm dreaming about and 6 customer quilts starring at me hoping they get quilted this month. (and here I sit enjoying socializing with you lovely ladies)
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM

I hope this will help. I have a frame to pin quilts to so they can be sandwiched with out getting on the floor. It is made out of 4 -1 by 2 inch boards about 8 foot long. with strips of cloth stapled on. placing them on saw horses or the back of chairs works well. First pin the back,then batting and top.This can be used to tack,tie or quilt. :)
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by annrook
    I'm with another lady before me-don't throw stuff at me. I have one quilt top on the Handi Quilter frame-it's about 1/2 done. I am pretty good about finishing quilts before I start another. I have also quilted 179 twin sized quilts for wounded soldiers-our guild sends them to an Air Force base hospital in Germany. And I usually hand piece and hand quilt a bed sized Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt each year.
    OMG you put me to shame.
    You are great.
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 AM

None. I may have a couple of WIPs but once the tops are finished I immediately start quilting them.
    Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM

I actually have 3 that are sandwiched and 1 top. The top is for my BIL and of the other three are for DS and SIL the third sandwiched is a King for our bed. I am currantly piecing one for my SIL. These are all birthday quilts 2 the beginning of Nov (2nd and 7th) and 2 are for Dec 13 and 31. I am pretty confidant I can get the one s for BIL and SIL sandwiched by the end of Sept and then I will do a marathon of fmq, but am only going to an all over meander,so it should go fast. then I will be DONE everyone has a B,day quilt and I can start on some for ME