Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many Quilt tops.. >
  • How many Quilt tops..

• How many Quilt tops..

Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 AM

Um, well, you see....I guess quite a few. Hiding head in shame.

Kat
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 AM

I have a couple (ok more than a couple) that are pieced and in various stages of assembly. I have one I'm working on piecing... until I get tired of looking at that fabric. One that is sandwiched and I've started the quilting on it... I'm thinking I will put these pieces together into full tops.. layer them all.. then quilt a few at a time... but I need to stop adding more projects first!
    And today instead of working on any of them I think I'm going to make a new outfit for my dd
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    I plead the fifth....we will just say...several.... :oops:
    ditto
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by emmamarie
    Originally Posted by maryb119
    I plead the fifth....we will just say...several.... :oops:
    ditto
    ditto the ditto :)
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 AM
    Power Poster

I think 6 and the word normal does not fit in this topic LOL :D:D
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:27 AM

I have one partially quilted, one sandwiched and ready for quilting and another cut up waiting to be pieced and a collection of wedgewood blues waiting to be cut....I am forcing myself to not start another project until the others are done...
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 AM

Just 2 in progress (and another sandwiched but giving me trouble so we're not counting that!) But about 8 thousand that are on my "to do" list:)
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 AM

I have 4 that I am piecing, 3 by machine and 1 by hand. I just finished 2 this last week. I quilted a baby quilt yesterday and am half-way around on hand stitching the binding down. I now have 9 waiting to be basted and quilted. 2 are my mothers, 6 are mine and 1 is a top my grandmother pieced years ago (she passed away in 1995). I already have the backs and batting matched up with the tops. I had planned to get them done last week, but...I need to get started THIS WEEK!!! Once they are all basted, I'll set my machine set up for quilting and try to get them all quilted. I really want to work on feathers, so I plan to practice, practice, practice on these. I could really use a longarm about now!!!! One day....

Of course that is not counting all the leftover 9 patches from the 9-patch project or a few other blocks I have done to try different techniques. I could easily throw together a couple more tops! OH MY!!!

LOL...it has taken me a while to get this response typed because I keep thinking of other tops in progress or tops ready to be quilted. I have edited this three times already...I think I will stick with what I have typed above before I get to feeling totally overwhelmed!!!
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 AM

I'm not sure what you would describe me, but I have so many other projects that are UFO, that I won't let quilts get to that point. I suspect it has to do with DH seeing how much I spend on them, and hating to see them sit around unfinished. That said, I have our king quilt ready and waiting to go to my friend's house where she is going to help me long-arm it. I only have one other quilt started right now - a purple D9P. I have about 1/2 of the nine patches done.

I do have, in the planning stages, at least 4 more though! I refuse to cut out the next one until at least one is finished, so as soon as "Big Blue" is done, I'll start work on a wall hanging that I bought as a kit. That one should go pretty quickly. After that comes the fabric from Paris :)

I also have dd's afghan (hope to finish on this camping trip) and numerous cross stitch projects - one of which I really would like to make a dent in this week also. Oh, and I have a scrapbook from our trip to Italy in 2009 to finish, a scrapbook from my recent trip to Paris to do, my mom's genealogy to update, all her pictures scanned and sorted, a display and scrapbook to make for dh for IBM's anniversary (he works there and his father also did, so we have a lot of historical documents that he's volunteered to bring in for a display.) I also need to make a large card/poster for dss's homecoming - he recently returned from Afghanistan and is coming home to visit in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and we are starting an ESL class for Vietnamese immigrants in the middle of July and I'm re-writing the training manual we use.

I think all of that is enough to keep me out of trouble for the next few weeks. :D
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 AM

I work on several at at time because then I can press several things at a time and order the backing for several quilts at once. Plus I don't get bored!