• Main
  • How many Quilt tops.. >
  • How many Quilt tops..

• How many Quilt tops..

Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 AM
    Power Poster

Proudly I can say seven.
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 AM

I'm just now taking a break from the sewing room after finishing the quilting and the binding of a lap size quilt. One down and 11 to go but have several ideas floating in and out of my head with the fabric's already pulled, lol.
    Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM

I usually only do one quilt top at a time -- but then I stack them up and quilt for a week or so to get several of them quilted. Seems like I never get everything quilted before I am making tops again! It's a delicious circle!
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 AM

so tell me, did you drink alot of coffee or are you superquiltmom?! loving it girl.
    Originally Posted by laurlync
    I have 4 that I am piecing, 3 by machine and 1 by hand. I just finished 2 this last week. I quilted a baby quilt yesterday and am half-way around on hand stitching the binding down. I now have 9 waiting to be basted and quilted. 2 are my mothers, 6 are mine and 1 is a top my grandmother pieced years ago (she passed away in 1995). I already have the backs and batting matched up with the tops. I had planned to get them done last week, but...I need to get started THIS WEEK!!! Once they are all basted, I'll set my machine set up for quilting and try to get them all quilted. I really want to work on feathers, so I plan to practice, practice, practice on these. I could really use a longarm about now!!!! One day....

Of course that is not counting all the leftover 9 patches from the 9-patch project or a few other blocks I have done to try different techniques. I could easily throw together a couple more tops! OH MY!!!

LOL...it has taken me a while to get this response typed because I keep thinking of other tops in progress or tops ready to be quilted. I have edited this three times already...I think I will stick with what I have typed above before I get to feeling totally overwhelmed!!!
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 AM
    Power Poster

oh, a dozen or so...(normally)
    :)
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 AM

yes it is.......... I am finding this out and now that I found you girls, I want to quilt more n catch up to you all! I love the quilt picture. your user pic.. nice. like it !!
    Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    I usually only do one quilt top at a time -- but then I stack them up and quilt for a week or so to get several of them quilted. Seems like I never get everything quilted before I am making tops again! It's a delicious circle!
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 AM
    mim

Oh good -- I'm normal !!! I thought I was the only procrastinator. I do try though, so I will have space for anothe project. Most are still all in my mnd.

Mim
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 AM

1) I have a block of the month going from 09-the quilt shop stopped doing them so I signed back up this year to get it done and will have at least 2 of each block in the quilt. (Working on this each month)

2) I also have a rail fence top (ready to be quilted),

3) A jellyroll quilt that I started on but need to cut up because it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. (going to turn it into more like a coin type quilt I think)

4, 5, 6) I have about 3 small lap quilts that need to be finished for our ladies at church. Doing stitch in the ditch on those 3 (only 1 is put together-the other 2 I will have to figure out how to put them together.) Our ladies were learning on these blocks so they are not all the same size.....but turned out pretty and scrappy. ;)

7) I need to finish the SS quilt top that my Mom picked up for me.

8) Then I also have a small SS that I started working on by hand for Mary-Grace.

9)I have another Turning 20 that I have cut up to sew. I was using this as an example for the ladies at church on how to do the Turning 20. What I was working with were some fat quarters from old sheets that I had. (scrappy)

10) My sister is having a baby and her shower is June 18 so I have to hurry and get a quilt made for her shower. I haven't even got the top done on it yet! :shock:

I'm doing the Boom 5 so I am dedicated to that and I do the monthly block swap.

No wonder I feel like I don't ever get anything done! I have too much in my head! Akkk! One day the kids will be grown and won't need/want me around and maybe I'll not be working so much. :)
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:06 AM

oh Lord.
    Originally Posted by AZTeri
    I'm not sure what you would describe me, but I have so many other projects that are UFO, that I won't let quilts get to that point. I suspect it has to do with DH seeing how much I spend on them, and hating to see them sit around unfinished. That said, I have our king quilt ready and waiting to go to my friend's house where she is going to help me long-arm it. I only have one other quilt started right now - a purple D9P. I have about 1/2 of the nine patches done.

I do have, in the planning stages, at least 4 more though! I refuse to cut out the next one until at least one is finished, so as soon as "Big Blue" is done, I'll start work on a wall hanging that I bought as a kit. That one should go pretty quickly. After that comes the fabric from Paris :)

I also have dd's afghan (hope to finish on this camping trip) and numerous cross stitch projects - one of which I really would like to make a dent in this week also. Oh, and I have a scrapbook from our trip to Italy in 2009 to finish, a scrapbook from my recent trip to Paris to do, my mom's genealogy to update, all her pictures scanned and sorted, a display and scrapbook to make for dh for IBM's anniversary (he works there and his father also did, so we have a lot of historical documents that he's volunteered to bring in for a display.) I also need to make a large card/poster for dss's homecoming - he recently returned from Afghanistan and is coming home to visit in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and we are starting an ESL class for Vietnamese immigrants in the middle of July and I'm re-writing the training manual we use.

I think all of that is enough to keep me out of trouble for the next few weeks. :D
    Old 06-06-2011, 07:14 AM

All mine are quilted.
    If it's a top that I particularly do not like anymore, then I sell it not quilted.