Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? >
  • How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

• How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 PM

I only have one quilting project going at any one time but usually while I'm quilting I work on pants for my son or other sewing projects that need to be done.
    Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM

Can't count that high!! LOL..probably about 8-9 unfinished projects and a list of about 100 more I dream of doing!!
    Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by KarynneStorm
    OMG, I have 4 of them in various stages of cutting, piecing and assembly. I just quilted three others today that now just need to be trimmed and bound. So my answer is 7. Ugh, I gotta get busy.
    OMG, you quilted 3 today? you must be doing it professionally.

Not counting UFO's, i usually have 3 active quilts going on. one that is getting pieced, one that needs quilting, and one that usually needs binding. besides the jane. i do what i feel like on any given stretch of sewing. try to get something to a good stopping point.

AND I HAVE a 'bucket list' of quilt names that i want to do, posted right in site, so i see, what might be next.
    Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM

I have too many tops done and ready to be quilted (10-12). At least 3 quilts about half done. Several kits I have put together. Several kits that I bought. Several purse kits that I put together plus a couple that I bought. I'd say about 30. Yikes!
    Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Six in various stages of piecing.
    Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 AM

I can't imagine having only 4 or 5 in progress. I think I have that many in each stage of progress! There are some things that for whatever reason I want to do by hand instead of by machine so those just keep piling up. I did get the binding finished on one last week so that is one down! Of course I think I started three more.

I seem to have the hardest time getting the actual quilting done, whether I'm doing it by hand or machine. If by hand, it just takes so long. And if by machine, I still don't have much confidence in my ability to make it look like I want it to.
    Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 AM

there was a thread in early January that was very helpful to me... it was about setting goals for 2013 so I actually took a large piece of construction paper and wrote my few UFO's and a few new goals out in large print. The list hangs over my fabric storage dresser and I am reminded of the few projects I need to complete before starting new ones... it's like a "honey-do" list. I have purchased fabric for two new projects but I WILL finish my living room drapes and a few small UFO's before I start a new quilt.
    Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 AM

this is the best post I've ever read! kept me laughing - I love the pillow!! I refuse to count mine! I hung my christmas mantel quilt "top" this year that I made it at least hmmmmm 3++ yrs ago......every year when I get it out I tell myself I will quilt it before I put it away...well as I put is away in Jan. I reminded myself again, I'll do it next year! My DH doesn't fuss as me either - he's very patient and just likes to see me enjoying quilting. Of course he also tells me if I go first he's opening up a quilt shop with all my stash!
    Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM

I usually run 2 - one I'm actively working on and one at the LAQ shop or waiting on me to bind. I have had 3... didn't like that feeling... and I do have one I cut out, started sewing together, not happy with it so I boxed it up but it's in my mind every day as to how I'm going to 'fix & finish' it. I also usually have 3-5 quilts in my head at any given moment.
    Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Lol. I have several quilts going. One is a baby quilt , the Serendipity pattern, so when that is done, I have the second one to do. I have a flannel rag quilt that is ready to sew and a UFO from the year 2000, a millennium quilt. That's not counting all the fabric I have purchased over the past 2 years for different quilt ideas. I am currently working on restoring an office space in our barn that has become a junk room over the years and dream of having a real quilting studio with a design wall etc. I will post a picture if I ever get the mess cleaned up. It is a nice space, about 10 by 30 feet with shelving floor to ceiling on each end, unfortunately full of junk. Its gotta go!