Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • how many quilts do you usually have >
  • how many quilts do you usually have

• how many quilts do you usually have

Old 05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
    Power Poster

I have at least 14 projects in different stages of completion, and as I need gifts I pull out the one closest to my current need and finish it. There are several baby, lap, prayer and queen size quilts always ready ot finish. As I finish a project I always cut the scraps into the largest strips or squares and store them in sized tubs, ie. 3", 4", 5" strips or squares and they are always ready to start a scrap quilt.
    Old 05-20-2011, 02:22 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by teddysmom
    I guess I'm the "odd one". I only have one going at a time but at least 2 waiting in line. We live full-time in a 35
    foot fifth wheel so my space is too limited to have more than one project going at a time. That might be a blessing for me. I'm hand quilting one right now and can't wait to finish so I can start on another one. So that means I work on it every time I have a few minutes! I get a lot done in those few minutes and my motivation is the one that is waiting for me!
    When I retire, that's exactly what I want to do! Travel and quilt in a fifth wheel!
    Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 PM

I just finished binding one today, have another pinned and ready to be bound, one more started for donation to the soldiers, and 5 more to make for the soldiers, one more that my Mom appliqued and she wants me to put it together, have quilted, and then I need to bind it. One more that needs to be squared and sent to the quilter, two purses to make and two memory quilts on order and last but not least one for DH.
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 PM

Currently, 3 projects. I have 2 baby quilts and a bargello quilt for a class. Baby Boy quilt is being machine quilted, Baby Girl quilt is being sandwiched and the bargello is in the strip piecing stage.
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Hmmm - binding one today, one at the long armer, one going to the long armer at the next opportunity, one being slowly hand quilted. I'm not allowing myself any new starts until I clear the decks. Pleased to say I'm making progress. It's hard to stay disciplined but I don't want any more works in progress cluttering up the place.
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca
    I can only do one at a time....I'd never finish anything!!! But, in my brain - I always have 3 or 4 others in progress!!
    Ditto here. It's my only way of controlling the ADHD. My mind would jump back and forth from project to project, and I'd have too much going on in my head. It's enough that my hands are working on one quilt while my brain is working on that one and 2-3 others.
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
    going at the same time? right now I have five quilts and two purses when I get bored with one I work on another. I wonder if I will ever finish anything?
    This is the process known as giving birth to another UFO. :thumbup:
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by irenecarter
    I just finished binding one today, have another pinned and ready to be bound, one more started for donation to the soldiers, and 5 more to make for the soldiers, one more that my Mom appliqued and she wants me to put it together, have quilted, and then I need to bind it. One more that needs to be squared and sent to the quilter, two purses to make and two memory quilts on order and last but not least one for DH.
    Okay; I'm tired now. Yikes! :lol:
    Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Usualy have 2 quilts going at one time, which includes a scrappy, plus I am always cutting up 5", 3" and strips, and sew these together for some quilt in the far future.
    Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 AM

I am working one 9 BOMs, and this month I have made a bedrunner, two baby quilts, and sandwiched 1 big quilt.