Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many sewing machines? >
  • How many sewing machines?

• How many sewing machines?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 AM

2 fw's, one quilting machine, one embroidery machine, one serger, 6 vintage singers, and one plastic singer mending machine...let's count =12
    Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 PM

I have 4...I use the Bernina most of the time, but I also have a Singer ( from the 60's)that I paid 15.00 for, and then I have a beautiful Singer from 1919 * see that picture.......... it really sews well...........and then I have a treadle, for when the power goes off and I am trying to get one finished, or started, for LINUS........I would have more, but I dont have the room for them...........love those old ones, but also love my Bernina(its about 4 yrs old).............I saw a Singer the other day, thrift store, from the 50's, in a really pretty cabinet with drawers on both sides, for $35.00 and I was REALLY tempted..........but where would I put it?
    Old 11-22-2011, 06:55 AM

I have mu 30 year old trusty Bernina, I have my great Aunts Singer Feather weight, my family just gave me a Viking Huskvarna quilting machine and I have a commercial Juki for really fast piecing jobs. Each machine has a specific job to do and I couldn't live without any of them!
    Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 AM

3 FWs (I love FWs), 1924 Red Eye because I think they are beautiful, 1947 Singer 127 because it was a great deal and in mint condition, 1906 Singer 27 treadle which was gifted to me, Kenmore (my first sewing machine when I got the quilting bug), 1971 Montgomery Ward found at a resale shop for $5 and will be given to my granddaughter, Bernina 155 (bought about 10 years ago) and a Singer serger I got on Ebay for $20 for those special projects. Do I use them all? - No. Most of my work is done on my Bernina at home and FW when I travel. I enjoy having them and would not part with them unless I had to for economic reasons. I am always on the lookout for old machines that need to be saved from the landfill.
    Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 AM

I have four machines that I use. I have a Singer XL-3400, a Bernina 1530, a Singer 401A, and a Singer 301. I'm always looking for more.
    Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM

I have to agree with you. I have no interest in collecting machines, or, room to store or display them. I would rather buy fabric & stuff to keep quilting. As for machines, I have four! A older Janomi, my favorite, that I use all the time. Then I bought a Viking, with a larger bed, hoping to later buy a quilt frame to put it on. It is now on a Grace Mini Pinn Frame & I love my setup! My other machines, I have a little Janomi I can taking camping & traveling, or anywhere else, when the need arises. I can also use it when I need an extra machine. My other is a Babylock Serger, which I use for regular clothing type sewing. It doesn't get alot of use now, but comes in handy when I need it & I love it too. That's all the machines I need & have no interest in adding to the numbers....
    Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 AM

OMG you guys are making me laugh - I used to be normal I didn't ever sew, never had this disease!! YOU PEOPLE need serious help. I used to have a normal looking house......now.....since that fateful brain moment of wanting to make a quilt for my parents for Christmas, I have gone from a relatively normal person to a person needing serious intervention...I became much worse after meeting this board. I thought featherweights were fighters....now I have 3 lol I have a pfaff, a babylock and an antique singer in a table.....OMG I need help lolol I love you guys
    Old 11-23-2011, 04:31 AM

Speaking of all these featherweights, if anybody comes across a purple one, I'd love it!!! lol I have 2 black and one white
    Old 11-23-2011, 05:11 AM

Had to go back and count I think I had 11 but I have a granddaughter who likes to "borrow". I actually have in use 3 machines I use almost daily. I just like the looks and feel of old/antique machines.
    Old 11-28-2011, 03:39 PM

9, they all come in handy

d.swindle