Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • how many ufo's and great ideas do you have? >
  • how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

• how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    I don't want to count them because I don't want to know.
    I AGREE.
    Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM

we only counted because i wanted to make a list of where each one was, making the list was the easy part. he went around the room picking things up and i wrote them down, then they went back to where they were. if I had to do it myself they would still be sitting on my bed staring at me.
    Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Currently, I have 28. I've been making a list every year since 2007. Each year, I have finished between 20 and 30 projects. However, the list pretty much stays at around 30 or so...for some reason!
    Old 09-08-2013, 08:41 PM

My local quilt shop is having a contest to see how many UFO's we finish this year. To start we had to submit a list of all our projects. As each one is finished we get to cross it off the list. We pay $1.00 to the shop for each project finished. At the end of the year the shop will match our dollars and we will go on a shopping spree. I have almost 200 projects. I've been finishing them at a rate of 4 to 8 per month. Feels good to cross something off the list!! Next time I organize my sewing room I'm going to put all the UFO's in one area - right now they are scattered all over so I sometimes forget where they are!!
    Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 AM

UFO's? I think I actually have less than 10 that are in various stages of being put together. Waiting to be quilted is another matter, probably around 20. Ideas? Well, lets just say I'll never get bored!
    Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 AM

I know I have at least 5 in progress but would never be able to calculate the kits and "want to dos" waiting in my stash.
    Old 09-09-2013, 03:09 AM

Got 10? maybe more? quilt tops waiting for backing and batting, and they are folded up in a large bin. Have some more WIP's, they are scattered in various places on the closet shelving. I'm just not going to count them, don't want to know how many. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
    Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 AM

There is nothing like searching for something that will remind you of how many UFOs you have. To reduce this pile I made a personal rule...no new project till one UFO is completed. I was amazed at how painless this was, actually enjoyed finishing the old projects. One very old small table topper brought in $20 at a church whatever sale! Woohoo, I mean really, how many items at a rummage sale would bring in that many bucks?
    Old 09-09-2013, 03:49 AM

I retired last year, so now I am free to sew (almost) as much as I want to. My goal is to complete my UFO's, and I said that I would finish them before starting new projects. Last year I did complete 3 UFO's and was really on a roll. That didn't last because I signed up for a Tropical Rainbow class. Before I even finished the TR, my DD announced her engagement and wedding date, so I put the TR aside and made her a DWR for a wedding gift which took months to complete because we had house guests for four months. Now, I'm back on the TR. After I finish it, I plan to complete a few more UFO's. I also have lots of sets of fabric set aside for specific patterns, but now I can't remember what and the pattern is not with the fabric, so that's another dilemma I'll have to decide what to do.

My theory is that I won't live long enough to sew all the things I want to get done, but in the meantime I'll die trying, and have fun at it as well - and not stress over it! I don't think most DH understand how or why we love sewing as much as we do! Mine said to me one day, "I don't understand why you take a whole piece of fabric, cut it in little pieces, then sew it back together." LOL
    Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 AM

Do quilt kits that I purchased at garage sales count? If so, I'm in big trouble!