Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >
  • How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

• How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM

I have had a quilt studio in the last 4 places we've lived. We just bought a house and the biggest requirement was a good size room for a studio. It'll be in the basement with the main living space so I'll be close to hubby.
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 AM

I have a mixed use room -- my telecommuting work office combined with my sewing/quilting room. I've only had it since we moved to this house in August and it was one thing we definitely had to have when picking a house here. I am blessed!

Plus we have a huge storage basement room right off my mixed use room with wooden garage shelving that I can keep a lot of supplies (both quilting and scrapping) in....I hope I never have to move! LOL!
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 AM

I have the landing at the top of the stairs, which is "like" a room. Maybe 12x12? I really want to continue organizing though. Right now it looks like a bomb went off. :lol:
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM

I do, but I don't get to use it much. I mostly sew at the kitchen table. I used to have all my stuff in the spare bedroom, but when we decided to start a family, my husband turned our little garden shed into a quilting shack for me. But the kids can't be messing around out there with the scissors and pins and things while I work, and I have to keep an eye on them, so I hardly use it. But all that fabric and stuff had to go somewhere, so I guess it is good for something.
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM

Our one car garage that is attached and we were already using as living space. It has ceramic tiled floor and no closets. But its all mine. the only bad thing is theres a side door and most people use it for the entrance. Very annoying when its cold or theres blocks on the design wall. When they open the door blocks get knocked off the wall. So I moved the design wall it didnt work the wind still catches them. I would rather have his man room because theres a closet and more space. However it is colder in the winter time.
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM

I used to have all of my sewing stuff crammed in our laundry room. Very small quarters! The day after our son moved out to his own apartment I started moving all of my sewing stuff into his old room. It is still not huge (about 12 x 12) but if it were any larger, I would only fill it up with more stuff. It is amazing how little time it takes to fill up a space!

I love having my own room for sewing!
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM

Love your space ! So cozy, I could live up there !
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
    Power Poster

Our house is a 2-story with a loft. We have no kids and barely any company. So I am lucky in that the second bedroom upstairs got converted into my room. I have wall units and upper cabinets along one wall, a bookshelf, and of course a sewing table. Recently, I bought a comfy chair for DH coz he wants to keep my company and it is in line with the TV. The room is just under 11'x11' and it is pretty tight in there. Still - I feel extremely lucky to have it.

When we replace the carpet upstairs with laminate (it's already been purchased) I also get the loft to set up my frame and the Grandquilter.

Company has a choice: Sleep on the sleeper sofa in the office downstairs or hunker down in the travel trailer.
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:57 AM

I am lucky enough to have 1/2 of our bonus rooms as my area, I do try to keep the mess to minimum since our grandson's video games are up there. My husband is a real dear when it comes to my area, he keeps telling me I can have more of the room if I need it. He is a keeper.
    Old 02-09-2011, 11:01 AM

It's only 10'x10' but it's all mine and chock full of good stuff!