Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby? >
  • How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

• How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:18 AM

i agree, don't buy the tote. I found a wheeled art tote at Tuesday Morning for $7.00 that fit it perfectly. it was originally $120.00. also don't buy the storage racks. you can find them cheaper at office supply stores.
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:20 AM

I really love my big GO. I have cut alot of my scraps already. I also bought the tumbler die and have already cut out most of my blue scraps using it. I love the Go because I can put it on the floor and cut my scraps with my 4 year old son helping me. Plus I dont feel so bad sitting with him instead of isolated in my sewing room doing it. Another thing I like about it, my back doesnt hurt anymore. When I use to cut quilts out without the GO, I would be leaning over the table and that would cause pain in my back if I was doing it for a long time. With the GO, I can sit at the dining table or floor and it doesnt hurt my back anymore....PLUS it is so much faster. I dont think the waste is that bad. Not any worse then what you get when rotary cut it. I just actually bought a 2 1/2 die strip and mat today! Cant wait for it to come in!!!!
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:42 AM

[quote=skippitydodahquilts]
    Originally Posted by tomilu
    Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
    I'm thinking about hinting at one for Christmas, and I want to know what everyone thinks about them.quote]

I like my GO. I can cut strips in a fraction of the time. What you get depends on what you do the most; strips or shapes.
    Tommie
    I probably won't do a lot of strips, I'm more interested in small squares, the tumbler blocks, diamonds, and HST's. I am looking at a quilt pattern that has lots...and lots of 2 1/2" squares, and I just don't have the time to dedicate to cut so many squares.
    You can use the 2 1/2 strip cutter to make cutting the squares easier and faster. I use alot of different ones; it came with a variety of different sizes and it was great to finally take all those "scraps" and cut them into squares. One afternoon and I really accomplished alot. Now when I do CW or anything w/the size block I need they are in the tote ready to sew. I like making rag quilts for babies and use the animal ones to applique on the back of the quilts to make them 2 sided; something for baby to look at or play with. I have the Go and love it. Accuquilt is great at standing by their product and if you have any problems you can call/email them and they'll get right back to you. There is no more waste than w/anything else. You do need to watch your grain line so that they come out the right size but other than that; piece of cake
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 AM

You can get the machines on sale but check out the prices of dies. They are excessive and it takes more hunting and patience to get what you want at a reasonable price.
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:18 AM

Love my GO...I haven't invested in the strips yet...but have put many hints out there for xmas though...and I must share this I went to Joann's fabric last weekend and happened to come across an in store sale??? and picked up the triangle die for ...hold onto your hats....$3.97...yep thats right $3.97...I was so thrilled I did the happy dance all the way up to the cash register...lol
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by monkicat
    Oh, and anyone recommend the tote to go with the Go! Baby? Any thoughts?
    I didn't worry about the tote; first of all with the go I don't normally take it out of the house and if I decided to get one I'd probably go with a sewing machine cart; Hancock Fabrics are always having them on sale a lot less than the Accuquilt one is. I might consider it if I got the baby but then again; I'd look around first to see if there was another option that was less expensive and did the same job. That is what I did when I bought my nook; instead of buying thier cover I looked around and got alot better one that was just an organizer and a whole lot cheaper. I also didnt get the stand for the dies; I have a small sewing room and don't have alot of available counter tops. I hang the cutting mats on the wall and have the dies on a shelf and the long strip ones are on the floor behind my sewing desk.
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 AM

I love my GO. I have difficulty cutting with a rotary cutter and this does my cutting so much faster and the cuts are accurate.I have many of the shaped ones as well for applique.
    :thumbup:
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:35 AM

Check a LQS,they may rent the use of one. We have a LQs nearby that will rent the use of one for $5 per hour.
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:39 AM

I have had the go for quite awhile. I have slowed down on buying the dies. I have 22 of them and don't think there are a lot more that I really want right now. I too, cut my scraps down and have them in specific containers. I love scrappy quilts and being able to just grab a container or two and make a quilt without having to cut it out is awesome!
    I also find that I will adapt a quilt to my dies. If it calls for a certain size square or HST and I don't have it in a die, then I will use what I have and make it a little larger or smaller and add another border if needed.
    Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 AM

I just bought mine and was wondering if I should keep it and then I used it and for me I like it a lot. I think if you like small projects with scraps you will get a lot out of it. I think the hardest part about busying one is I wonder if I really need it that is the way we are. I finally got mine because I just wanted it, and I am not feeling guilty. I am worth it.