Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How much fabric do you have in your stash? >
  • How much fabric do you have in your stash?

• How much fabric do you have in your stash?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 AM

I have sooo much fabric I could open up a store!!! It is all in bins sorted by color and or theme on a shelf along with everything else that goes along with it. I have two big boxes just with scaps for applique. I have two big bins filled with velvet. and not to mention roll bolts of upolstry (sp) fabric. leather you name it. I'm addicted

Oh I forgot to mention my craft room!! Now that's another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by abonda
    I have sooo much fabric I could open up a store!!! It is all in bins sorted by color and or theme on a shelf along with everything else that goes along with it. I have two big boxes just with scaps for applique. I have two big bins filled with velvet. and not to mention roll bolts of upolstry (sp) fabric. leather you name it. I'm addicted

Oh I forgot to mention my craft room!! Now that's another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That sounds like my sister. She has so much that sometimes I go "shopping" at her house. Convenient too. She's right next door.

(How are things in Attleboro?)
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 AM

Not bad I'm at work and suppose to be working. Just can't get enough of the quilting gossip! Weather is so nice here 80 today spring spring spring HEY Who about you?
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Enough fabric to fill metal shelves six feet tall and four feet wide. Here's one corner, along with "Mr. Helpful"!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-47667.jpe  
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm not telling.
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
    I don't have very much fabric right now but trying to build up my stash.

I have been blessed with friends giving me some scraps. I am making paper pieced scrappy quilt. Also practicing on making blocks!

My husband has been unemployed since July 2009 so things have been rough for us. He just got a job so will be nice to have $ and Health Insurance again.
    Congratulations!!! So many are out of work, it's scary. Having been unemployed, or under-employed in the past, I think my stash building is a defense mechanism. That, and being a very organized pack rat! It's like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter.
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 AM

Well I was lucky enough to get some from http://freecycle.org in my area...so if we're counting in plastic tubs I have:

12 tubs of fabric separated by colors.

And I'm almost done with my scrappy quilt, hope to get the top done this weekend. :)
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 AM

Not nearly enough. I am working on building my stash up. Right now I have enough do a few scrappies! I am getting married in July and can't wait until after to really start buying fabric :)
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 AM

An online quilt store liquidated last year, and I was fortunate that she happened to be essentially in my back yard. I was able to go through things in person and ended up with quilt store quality fabrics for prices lower than Joann's.

Originally Posted by craftybear
    Wow, you have lots of fabric!

Originally Posted by Arizona Sunrises
    I'm not quite sure how many total yards of fabric I have. I moved in September, and it's still in boxes. I know I have at least 150 yards. It's not sorted by color, but I do have the holiday stuff together and the batiks together. Also, if I had a quilt planned, those fabrics are bagged together with the pattern.
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:42 AM

Good question! I have no idea...a lot! I am trying to use it all up before my time on earth is through, but I keep buying more :lol: My hubby never complains about it and is always interested to see what I get in the mail! He cheers me on with my projects....I am one lucky lady. :wink:
    I do save scraps, but I haven't taken the time to sort any of them. That can wait till I decide to do a scrap quilt!!

Ditter