Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • how much stash is too much! >
  • how much stash is too much!

• how much stash is too much!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I met a lady once in walmart and she told me that her hubby had to buy 2 tractor trailer vans for her to keep her fabric's in because it wouldn't fit in her house. Mind you she was there buying more fabric.
    If you can't tell what you have or it won't fit in your home then there is a problem.
    Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM

Well here is my thought on a LARGE Stash....it is an investment. Prices keep rising and will. Sooo I buy all I can or what I want. If I do not sew it all up, after I die, someone will inherit it all. They can enjoy it for me. :D Sometimes I get as much joy from ordering or going shopping and choosing my purchases, as I do actually making something with it. Makes me a very happy woman! :thumbup: I will never get all of my fabric used in my lifetime. Never. So some lucky friend or group will feel like they won the lottery when I die. :D :D :D I do not see that as a bad thing. Or if hard times hit & I can no longer buy fabric, then okay. I am already set for a good while. :wink:
    Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Gramof6
    Well here is my thought on a LARGE Stash....it is an investment. Prices keep rising and will. Sooo I buy all I can or what I want. If I do not sew it all up, after I die, someone will inherit it all. They can enjoy it for me. :D Sometimes I get as much joy from ordering or going shopping and choosing my purchases, as I do actually making something with it. Makes me a very happy woman! :thumbup: I will never get all of my fabric used in my lifetime. Never. So some lucky friend or group will feel like they won the lottery when I die. :D :D :D I do not see that as a bad thing. Or if hard times hit & I can no longer buy fabric, then okay. I am already set for a good while. :wink:
    Well Said!!!!
    Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 PM

Gramof6, you said it perfect!!! I agree, even though my stash is very small compared to many on this board. One board member had said recently that she buys her fabric, especially kits and stashes them away so that when she retires and is on a fixed budget she will have plenty of projects. I thought that was a pretty good idea if you have the space and the income.
    Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM

How much stash is too much is like trying to figure out what came first the chicken or the egg. :P :lol:
    Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 PM

You can never have too much stash!!! LOL
    Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 AM

You can never have too much fabric :!: :!: :!:
    Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 AM

Too much stash!? Thats like being too rich, too good looking, or having too much chocolate, it can never happen! LOL
    Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
    Ditto!!
    Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 AM

Here's the story of my small, but growing stash. I see fabric I love and buy it and since I have no particular project in mind, I put it away. And then I get attached to it and don't want to use it even when the perfect project presents itself. So I buy more almost like it, but not quite. So far, I'm able to cut up the new fabric because I'm not attached to it yet.

I have a typical "love-hate" relationship with my fabric. Love to buy it; hate to cut it.