• How are you dressed? >
  • How are you dressed?

• How are you dressed?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    at the moment ... pajamas.
    Ha ha! Nightgown here.

Seriously last night I was looking at my perpetually thread covered clothing and thinking it would make sense to wear a work smock of some sort.
    Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 AM

I solved this string thing to a degree. I have used a bunch of men's shirts for scrap quilts so I saved all the labels. I cut them into little blocks with enough edge to stitch down but leave the edge unfinished. I took a oversized dark sweatshirt and cut off the arm and waist bands. Then I randomly stitched the shirt labels all over the sweatshirt and added a row of leftover squares from the shirts (4.5") stitched around the bottom edge on the diagonal overlapping all the way around because it seemed short without the band. That fixed it. This is my go to winter quilt-in top in winter over a stretchy thin long sleeved turtleneck and comfy OLD corduroy pants. (That is my usual uniform except when I don't quite make it out of my long flannel nightgown.) As you can imagine with the unfinished edges, my quilting strings hardly stand out on this top, it's an original and reflects my quilting-green side. Summertime finds me in cotton knit 3/4 sleeves with cotton capris and feet go into my slip on burkies.

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Ha ha! Nightgown here.

Seriously last night I was looking at my perpetually thread covered clothing and thinking it would make sense to wear a work smock of some sort.
    Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 AM

Mostly jammies for me, too. I live in a rural area, no one is likely to come visit without calling me first, so if I know I'm spending the day quilting, I usually hang out in my comfy jammies. :-)
    Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 AM

jammies, and little t shirt since it s a bit chilly in here this morning, and jammies are sleeveless. I actually like to sew this way too, very comfortable.
    Old 01-20-2013, 05:38 AM

Winter, sweat pants and sweat shirts (both very fit-forgiving) and thick socks. Summer, light weight capris and short sleeve t-shirt and no socks. Like several others said, "this is standard uniform after retiring from the working world". And thinking about it, relalize that I no longer own a single pair of panty hose.
    Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 AM

Currently nightshirt, slippers and frumpy dark green bathrobe - not a pretty sight. Most days I get all dressed up in jeans and tees. Once a week I allow myself to wear sweats all day long. One of the joys of being relatively newly retired.
    Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 AM

Sometimes I wear jammies all day if I am quilting all day. More comfortable and since it is just me and DH, I take advantage of not having to dress up like I did when when I was working. Most times I wear sweats in the winter and shorts in the summer. Love retirement. I once asked DH if he minded that I was not "dressed up" and he said "You can wear anything you want or nothing at all." NOT!
    Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 AM

This thread made me laugh. I never thought anyone 'dressed' for quilting. I wear Tees,Tennis shoes and jeans 99 percent of my life. So that is what I wear when I quilt. I have 'nice' Tees (mostly my Harley ones) and my plain pocket ones for everyday.If it's cold sweatshirts. I wear jeans even summer.I used to drive an 18 wheeler and wore the same thing then.
    Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Jammy bottoms, T-shirt, no bra - yes, I'm a sight. It gets interesting if the postman comes. Then I scramble into an oversized sweater and try to look regal. lol
    This is soooooo me! I keep a sweatshirt by the door just in case someone comes over!!!!!
    Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 AM

Most of the time when I am sewing, I am in my PJ's, and bare foot. No need to get dresses when you are so comfortable, lol.