Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • HQ Sweet sixteen and Tin Lizzy queen quilter eighteen owners, got lot of ????? >
  • HQ Sweet sixteen and Tin Lizzy queen quilter eighteen owners, got lot of ?????

• HQ Sweet sixteen and Tin Lizzy queen quilter eighteen owners, got lot of ?????

Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM

I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but when you say you can buy a used HQ 16, is it a machine that you can use with the table? or is it a long arm machine that you use with a frame and convert to use on a table? I looking into buying a table top longer arm machine for free motion quilting and am considering the HQ Sweet Sixteen. The cost is high for my budget though, and if I can get a used machine that might help a lot. Thanks for any help with this.
    Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM

I think the HQ 16 is on a frame and the sweet 16 is for the table.
    I have the HQ16 and a B-line frame and want to upgrade the frame to one from HQ.
    Old 02-13-2011, 10:59 PM

I am also down to the HQ sweet sixteen sitdown model. But I could not get myself to make the decision yet.
    It is so bad that there is no longarm that would also work with feeddogs and a walkingfoot. So for straigt lines I still would have to stuff the quilt under my domestic machine!? Wouldnt I?
    Granny
    Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 AM

I have a Bailey's 17" Pro. I just measured it for you and it has a 5" vertical throat. I haven't used it on a table but have it on a frame and I can roll a king size quilt on it. I use low loft cotton batting. I love my Bailey. So straight forward and so easy to use. The PC Quilter will work with it if you want robotics on a frame.

Be aware that the Queen Quilter 18 is being discontinued. You'll find it at reduced prices all over the internet, ebay, online sewing machines stores etc. They have a new 18" this year and are clearing out the QQ. Or so I read somewhere on the internet.

Good Luck with making your decision. There is so much to think about!