Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hubby taking over my quilting tools! >
  • Hubby taking over my quilting tools!

• Hubby taking over my quilting tools!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM

And their favorite grease rag is your clean kitchen towel.
    Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM

[quote=annieshane]Yes, they have their tools...but can't find them as easily as we quilters. We seem to have a place for our tools so we don't have to look for them. I actually have favorite screw drivers, etc hidden so my husband can't find them and get them greasy. Once he takes a tool, either I find it somewhere with grease or oil on it, or never see it again. Just easier to keep them safely tucked away.

I know just how you feel. If I have any pliers, screwdrivers or something that DH might could use and if it is handy, it is gone. So far cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter have been safe.Believe me DH has PLENTY of tools of all kinds, a tool box in each vehicle (3) and all around the house plus in his workroom.
    Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    My husband picks up a scissor and before using always asks,

"is this a paper or a "do not use" pair????
    Once, and only once, has my husband used my fabric scissors on paper because he couldn't find the everyday use pair. Funny how that happens when you don't put them back where they belong.

After I saw it and started sounding like a sailor and threatening to use one of his precious cards as a tool to remove gunk from the table he realized his mistake.

Now the abuse pair of scissors that look exactly like my sewing scissors have a label that says, "Yes, you may use these without dying." my Mom thought it was absolutely hilarious when she saw it on a visit a year later. Actually, anyone who sews and sees the scissors can tell what happened in a glance, and he finds himself apologizing again. I really have forgiven him and would have removed the lable by now, but it is just such an easy way to tell the difference.
    Old 07-19-2011, 03:03 AM

When my boys were teenagers, I put a hasp on my chest of drawers & a padlock. Lock my tools up.Or so I thought.Came home from going out of town, found a mini screw driver laying in the den. I go look, lock still on, found out oldest son had taken hasp off, use my screwdriver set.Put everything back in place or so he thought.They both got grounded but I thought it was clever. At least they didn't use my gingher scissors. They would have never lived to grow up,lol. My daughter tells me, stature of limitations has ran out when I just learn of things they did as children.Have to laugh about it.
    Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 AM

I have had many things go missing over the years and now that I am divorced and moving I found lots of my missing quilting tools out in the garage in his tool cabinets. We all got a really big giggle out of that one. I thought I was crazy too!
    Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM

Awwwwwwwwh!!!!! The horror!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 AM

Sadly, in a man's world, all tools belong to the man!
    Mine does the same thing!
    Old 07-20-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
    Yesterday, I was planning to work on a table runner but couldn't find my cutting table. What the heck? How does something that big go missing? No problem. I'll use the dining room table, but my cutting mat is missing, along with my 24" ruler and rotary cutter. Thought I was going crazy until I heard grumbling from the spare bedroom. There was my hubby, cutting table, cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter. He was cutting window shade films for the spare bedroom and decided my quilting tools were exactly what he needed to get the job done. Not sure if it's good or bad to use my rotary cutter for cutting film. I may give him my cutter make him buy me a new one.

I should have taken a picture of him leaning over the cutting table, carefully using my quilting stuff. It would have made good blackmail material for his golfing buddies!

Any other hubbies who use your quilting tools? He's also used my scrapbooking tools. Don't men have their own tools???
    I think the only things he's borrowed from "my room" is my E6000 glue that I use in flower arranging etc. He kept it in his workroom and when I needed it, I couldn't find it. I told him he could keep it and I bought another tube for myself.

Of course many years ago I would "catch" him using my sewing shears to cut paper. He knows not to do that anymore.
    Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM

I have pink tools and still have to keep them hid. Mine has to put BIG initials on everything so noone touches his but I still have to hide mine. Go figure.
    Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ldydrifter
    I have pink tools and still have to keep them hid. Mine has to put BIG initials on everything so noone touches his but I still have to hide mine. Go figure.
    Maybe he just wants his for looks lol.