Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Husbands (at least mine!) >
  • Husbands (at least mine!)

• Husbands (at least mine!)

Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 AM

That is too funny. My partnr is supportive of quilting and even quilts though we have diffeent likes and styles.
    Old 08-05-2011, 05:42 AM

We support each other's hobbies. He likes to look through my magazine, and shows interest in what I'm making. When I bring home fabric he usually asks, "what's in the bag." He's into model trains and I like to see what he's put together, and do understand what he's talking about when describing something new or what he's added to his collection. It makes life more interesting to share.
    Old 08-05-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
    My husband is very supportive...the only thing he says is "I don't understand the logic...you take a perfectly good piece of fabric...cut it up in pieces and then sew it back together?" Men...got to love their logic...LOL
    Thats my husband. But he does help me pick out the fabric for grandkids baby quilts and now it's getting to be great-grandkids. Yipes!!
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 AM

That is too funny.
    My DH looks at my work and I know you think that the more difficult ... attracts me and he did not understand!
    But if I'm happy he's happy!
    He prefers the kitchen and I love that!
    Hahahaha!!
    A hug!
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by dunngriffith
    Today I was showing my DH how I was making a D9P. His comment---- Someone must have nothing to do to sit around and do that!!!! :evil: I don't think I will explain the bargello I'm making!!! :mrgreen:
    TOO FUNNY!
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM
    lzp

My husband has MANY diverse interests, which all seem to involve amassing collections of stuff (arrowheads, tools, marbles, baseball cards, farm equipment, golf clubs and many others). So he is very supportive of my acquisitions as I have never criticized his. He is also a dentist, so he has an appreciation for fine motor skills, patience, and quality. I am trying to get him interesting in quilting- maybe i can get started with knotting and burying threads........like stitching gums ! LOL
    Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 AM

My DH is a keeper, he takes me to Joann's or Hancock when we travel to visit the kids and grandbabies. He picked out the fabric I am using now for my sisters quilt after I had become frustrated. When I get done with a block or section, he says "let's show mom and pop". His parents have a home next to ours during the summer. Or he takes pictures and sends it to family.
    Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 AM

It is so good to know there are men out there that are supportive of their wives. Mine is supportive of what I do if I am helping him do whatever he wants done! :) Congratulations to you all.
    Old 08-05-2011, 07:15 AM

Husbands are not the only ones who feel/felt this way about quilting. The following is a quote from the book Quilts of the Oregon Trail : Treasures in the Trunk by Mary Bywater Cross.
    Written in an editorial on quilts July 15 1880.

"Any fool can make a quilt; and after we had made a couple of dozen over twenty years ago, we quit the business with a conviction that nobody but a fool would spend so much time in cutting bits of dry goods into yet smaller bits and sewing them together again, just for the sake of making believe that they are busy at practical work."
    Abigail Scott Duniway
    Business Woman, Jounalist,
    Womans Sufferage Leader

I admire the lady and her conviction to the movement but she didn't like to sew apparently, she just may have been wrong.
    My husband thinks it is great that I enjoy it so, even if he really doesn't understand it.
    Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM

mine doesn't really "get" it, but he doesn't complain. and he likes to be warm--always a plus in MN. it comes in handy as a comparison, though--he knows i "like" football just as much as he "likes" quilting shows. (all i hear when football is on is *blah blahlblahblah, blah blah* 'the crowd goes wild' *blah blah blah*...)