Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ? >
  • Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

• Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:55 AM

One in NH or ME Craigslist for $4000! Check it out.
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM

Unless you can goe and see the machine and use it for awhile then I would suggest staying away from it.
    I have a Designer Diamond and paid full price for it($10,000.00) but I absolutely love it. I have not had any problems with it short of the needle threader broke and it was replace free.
    Good luck and I hope that you find what you are looking for
    Debby
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM

hi
    are you in Tucson? I just same the same ad listed on craigslist.I use to have one.it was ok. wasnt really thrilled with the machine.I would ask them when is the last tiem it was serviced and where.then check.If it was catheys they would have a record of it.Maybe they just need the money
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:25 AM

Folks, here is how they do it. They flood CL with virtually the same ad, the same price, the same machine. The machine changes with a photo but they pick high end machines and stick a super low price hoping greed takes over the brain and people can't think straight. Then you contact them and they tell you to send them a money order because they're out of town and will either ship it etc. The minute you tell them you live locally and would like to schedule a time to pick it up or see it they won't return your calls or e-mails.

It's very easy to tell it's a scam. Anyone selling a 9,000 machine for this price is a scammer. Hard times or no. Use your noodles!
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 AM

This is a great buy, yes, they cost anywhere from $7,500 and up to $10,000. However, with the economy the way it is, prices are coming down.

My first question to you, have you seen it??? and seen it being used??? I don't think it is a scam, probably someone who doesn't know what they have, but I wouldn't buy it without seeing it and taking it to a dealer to help you ascertain that it works. And it depends too on how many hoops, software and feet you are getting with it. Those are pricey too.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you, I have two of the old Designer One's and I love them
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Folks, here is how they do it. They flood CL with virtually the same ad, the same price, the same machine. The machine changes with a photo but they pick high end machines and stick a super low price hoping greed takes over the brain and people can't think straight. Then you contact them and they tell you to send them a money order because they're out of town and will either ship it etc. The minute you tell them you live locally and would like to schedule a time to pick it up or see it they won't return your calls or e-mails.

It's very easy to tell it's a scam. Anyone selling a 9,000 machine for this price is a scammer. Hard times or no. Use your noodles!
    I agree with you, Candace. If they really need the money they could sell it for $5000 and it would still be a bargain. I won't trust anything on Craigs List or any of the others. If it is legitimate they could sell it in the newspaper. They know what they (maybe) have. You would need your head in the sand to not know about the Designer Diamond and it's quality and value.
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Sounds too good to be true but......see if they are willing to meet you at a local sewing machine dealer who can check it out for you before you buy. If there are not willing to do this I would walk away.
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    <snip>I won't trust anything on Craigs List or any of the others. If it is legitimate they could sell it in the newspaper. They know what they (maybe) have. You would need your head in the sand to not know about the Designer Diamond and it's quality and value.
    There are a lot of good and legitimate people selling things on Craig's List, which is the *new* newspaper. I don't know anybody who uses the newspaper any more since it doesn't give us immediate response.

I've purchased and sold many things on Craig's List. The issue is weeding out the scams and dishonest people.

JMHO
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 AM

I too have sold on Craig's List and there are crooks everywhere, one just has to be smart and savvy and "weed" it all out.

This lady didn't really mention "where" she saw this "deal", at a garage sale, in the paper, thrift store. All has bearing on it. Hope it all works out for her.
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

Folks - We have a verified scam. Same identical ad in all of these CL listings:

Tuscon AZ: http://tucson.craigslist.org/art/2232903669.html

Kansas City MO: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/art/2232999191.html

Sacramento CA: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/art/2232927235.html

Fresno CA: http://fresno.craigslist.org/art/2233012580.html

St Louis MO: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/art/2232907309.html