Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am disgusted >
  • I am disgusted

• I am disgusted

Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
    Power Poster

I don't like the way Walmart does business so I almost never go there. I have other places to shop.
    Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
    Power Poster

My problem with ordering online is I need to see the print in reality to make sure it is the right size print. I have ordered some online that were larger print than I wanted.
    I much prefer seeing my fabric in person whether that is at WalMart or a local Quilt shop.
    Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM
    Power Poster

What was your DH's reasoning to wait for the remodel to be over?

Fabric selection sold at the stores is the manager's decision. He/she will say it's corp decision. Just laugh and say yeah right. Jelly rolls are not being sold anymore at the local Walmart here because the manager didn't like them taking up so much shelf space.
    Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
    Power Poster

Our fabric dept. just keeps getting smaller and smaller...with alot less fabric, and more crafty stuff!
    Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 PM

I'm not convinced that it's each manager's decision... our fabric section was always busy - ALWAYS - and they still shut it down. I know several people who refuse to shop at WM now mainly because of it... I rarely, rarely, rarely go there - I would much rather shop at our more expensive, customer friendly, short lines, grocery stores... and our lqs. Do we have lots of money? NO! I just wait for sales etc.
    Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by jbj137
    Our WM in Greer, SC discontinued the Fabric Dept.
    We still have batting and some notions.
    There are now machines, fat quarters, charm packs,
    jelly rolls, kits, and some other stuff.
    But it is all really cheap looking.
    JBJ137 in SC
    Unlike the jelly rolls that you get at an LQS that have a certain amount of each fabric, Walmart may give you 8 of one fabric, 2 of another, 5 of something else, etc., anything to make up the rolls.
    Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    That is one store I avoid like the plague. I don't care how cheap their prices are!
    I agree with you these are my sentiments exactly!

We have a Super Target and a Wally World on the same side of the street with just a service road between the two. The stores are like night and day!

Targets lot is nice and clean with a very organized store, helpful staff, and great prices.

WalMart looks like the ghetto with a trashy parking lot baskets everywhere (dont even think about driving through it without having to dodge them in the middle of the isles) the store looks like crap, everywhere you turn there is pallets in the way or some kid puking in the isle. And dont even think your going to find anyone that can help you out finding anything in there.

After I had a really crappy experience there 5 years back I refuse to step in the parking lot of one.

Billy
    Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
    We still have a fabric dept here in rindge nh. but I asked where the buttons were. she said at the end of the aisle but there are only a few and when they are gone no more are coming in. I have a feeling our fabric dept is on its way out. hope the price of gas goes down. oh yeah they only had 2 purple and 5 pink buttons.
    Rindge has fabric? My aunt lives in Fitzwilliam and she said there weren't any Walmarts around that did. I'll have to tell her to get to the Rindge Walmart before it's too late!
    Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    What was your DH's reasoning to wait for the remodel to be over?

Fabric selection sold at the stores is the manager's decision. He/she will say it's corp decision. Just laugh and say yeah right. Jelly rolls are not being sold anymore at the local Walmart here because the manager didn't like them taking up so much shelf space.
    They were moving depts here and there and there was buggies full of fabric at one point. The next time I saw it, it was in place so I thought and looked to be small. Now they have it in yet another spot and it looks even smaller
    Old 06-17-2010, 07:15 AM
    Power Poster

I KNOW that some of the WalMart store managers pled with Corporate to keep the fabrics and were very unhappy to have the Fabric departments in their stores shut down.

It appears that "Corporate" makes the decisions and pretty much says "forget you" to the individual stores.