Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am horrified!! >
  • I am horrified!!

• I am horrified!!

Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 PM

Haha! You are one of us!!!! You just stumbled on our secret........we are'nt Quilters........we are Fabric Collectors!!!!Welcome to 'The Club'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 AM

I consider it an investment. It is worth more now than when it was purchased.
    Old 08-10-2013, 02:42 AM

I have a lot of fabrics also no where near what you have. Recently Jaba helped me fold my fabrics around those.. comic boards? so they stand up on a shelf. I would bet I have close to 100 yrd of variety fabrics. I also shop my stash a ton. I do f4 trades all the time to get a variety in the smaller pieces. When I do shop I try hard to keep blenders in the stash so I can do the late night whip it up with some of the smaller pieces. Its not horrifying to me. I get quilters envy when people say they have BINS of fabric they havent seen or .. too much. I don't have too much! share with me!!! lol.. your doing fine. but maybe stop shopping for a while. we all get sick of our older stash. start using it from the oldest out this way you have room for NEW things
    Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 AM

I don't smoke, gamble or drink, I just build my stash and love every piece of it. Thats what quilters do. Enjoy
    Old 08-10-2013, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
    I don't smoke, gamble or drink, I just build my stash and love every piece of it. Thats what quilters do. Enjoy
    Me too mic-pa lol went to Vegas and did not put one penny into those slot machines! Did win a meet and greet with donny and Marie, but that's another story hahaha!
    What about designer shoes, see the prices of those lately?? Thank The Lord I don't want to collect those!
    I collect fabric, it's an investment for my future.
    Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 AM

I think it's my personal mission to stimulate the economy

Originally Posted by yel
    and if i die tomorrow and never get it all used up .....let everyone know that i enjoyed buying ...looking at and looking for all those wonderful fabrics that have ...and then donate it to a good cause
    Old 08-10-2013, 03:14 AM

I didn't know that you should wash all your batiks before using them..........why? Do they run? I love reading what's on this board almost every morning but I don't post. Don't know how things work on it. I know.....I know ....I should read how to do things. But that's like Facebook....I'm on that but don't usually post things either. Just love to look at the pics of my kids and grandchildren and friends of mine. I've been quilting for about 10 years, been retired for 5 years. I don't quilt regularly, only when I'm working on a project. I also have some UFO's. Now concerning my stash....I have it in two large book cases, and some draws and on some shelves.....I seem to be more of a collector than a sewer!!! But when I go in my sewing room I love to just stand there and look at all the beautiful colors!! I love my "stash" I don't know how much I have either.....but I know it's not enough! It will never be enough. And yes I do pick from it and I have made quilts from it without hardly buying any for that project. Nice talking to everyone! I just love, love this site......such wonderful people on it. I sit here every morning with my coffee and enjoy all of you!
    Old 08-10-2013, 03:21 AM

Glad to see you back Jan. Hope your PT is going great.
    Old 08-10-2013, 03:25 AM

Never ever be horrified by your stash. What was that silly song, "Don't Worry, Just Be Happy"
    Old 08-10-2013, 03:35 AM

You are seriously not alone :-) We recently moved last month and when it came to my sewing room I had 14 boxes of fabric. These were not small boxes either they were the medium sized U-Haul boxes and I had 14. That doesn't count the 4 machines and 2 boxes of tools. I think I am out of control. Sad part is every project I go to complete I need to go to LQS to get the "ONE" thing I need to finish it so I go get more.

All I can say is enjoy your stash :-)

Tammy