Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am so ashamed >
  • I am so ashamed

• I am so ashamed

Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM

Oh my...a quilter saying she will never visit a fabric shop again??? What is this world coming to :-D
    Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM

Trust me. I lied.
    Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 AM

I too have a lot of fabric but I am not good at putting colors together
    I don't know what goes together,so when I start a new quilt I buy a kit or something. help!!
    Old 10-08-2010, 03:11 AM

Sew much fabric,sew little time.I love fabric!!!!!
    Old 10-08-2010, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Craftygirl
    I can't believe what I just found. I was so inspired by you all that I went through my huge crate of tiny scraps, ironed it all, sorted into colours and into small plastic boxes. Then decided to put them with the larger plasic boxes that have my larger pieces in. This is when I had my "Oh My God" moment. I have sooooo much fabric. It felt a bit like Christmas, all this lovely fabric that I had forgotten I had. But I also realised just how much I DO NOT NEED TO VISIT A FABRIC SHOP for the rest of my life.
    So glad you did that. I try to go through at least part of my fabric every few months to see what I forgot I had. I found several duplicates. I tend to go in a store, see something that looks familiar thinking it is something I have been wanting, buy it only to find it is familiar because I already have some of it. I have a big box of scraps that is going to the new girl scout troop my neighbor is helping to start up.
    Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 AM

I just dug through my sewing room yesterday and have 2 big cartons and a huge garbage bag of scraps to give away. Our guild does charity guilts, so we will use some. But I save everything! - scraps that I doubt I will use again - and they are just clogging up everything. I need to know how to separate from them without feeling guilty!
    Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
    I just dug through my sewing room yesterday and have 2 big cartons and a huge garbage bag of scraps to give away. Our guild does charity guilts, so we will use some. But I save everything! - scraps that I doubt I will use again - and they are just clogging up everything. I need to know how to separate from them without feeling guilty!
    I find the quilt is relieved to know it is going to someone who can actually USE it, rather than just stashing it. And I have been allowing myself to throw out scraps that I know I will never in a million years use. I had some scraps left from some clothes I made for a lady, the fabric wasn't anything I like, so after storing it for 6 months I let it go to the trash bin. I tell you, having the water mess last week changed my prospective a lot. No more wicker baskets of fabric sitting around, and no more holding new unsorted fabric in the boxes they came in.
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 AM

I just realized the same thing
    Old 10-08-2010, 06:11 AM

I've had that same feeling before. Everytime I'm looking for something I seem to 'discover' something I forgot about! :) I still love to just 'pet' my fabric though and dream of all I can make! I too need to stay away from the quilt shops, etc. But my local qs is have a grand opening this weekend.....it just wouldn't be 'right' for me to stay away! :)
    Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 AM

Me too, Sister. Still, I just love fabric stores. I am finding, however, that I don't enjoy buying fabric as much as I used to. Unless something is really extraordinary or it's a super good deal, I'm not buying so much any more. I'd rather stay home and work with what I have.