Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am so ashamed >
  • I am so ashamed

• I am so ashamed

Old 10-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Same here. I love fabric, and I am trying to use my scraps, but then I stop at the fabric store and there is always something new. (sigh) but I figure: I don't drink, smoke, or gamble so this is my hobby.
    Old 10-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Craftygirl
    I can't believe what I just found. I was so inspired by you all that I went through my huge crate of tiny scraps, ironed it all, sorted into colours and into small plastic boxes. Then decided to put them with the larger plasic boxes that have my larger pieces in. This is when I had my "Oh My God" moment. I have sooooo much fabric. It felt a bit like Christmas, all this lovely fabric that I had forgotten I had. But I also realised just how much I DO NOT NEED TO VISIT A FABRIC SHOP for the rest of my life.
    LOL you are not the only one and my daughter works for Jo Ann fabrics....What trouble I get into...
    Old 10-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Join the club.... LOL.... I could stay out totally as well, till I turn 232...just need batting and thread on occasion...yet....
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
    Bev

Originally Posted by Craftygirl
    It felt a bit like Christmas, all this lovely fabric that I had forgotten I had. But I also realised just how much I DO NOT NEED TO VISIT A FABRIC SHOP for the rest of my life.
    Now when you figure out how to keep from doing that, please let everyone else here know the answer too.
    Old 10-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
    I know just what you are saying. I love spending time getting reacquainted with my fabric.
    That's what I'm hoping to to a little of this weekend...in between taking meals to my farmers in the field!
    Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Redoing sewing room and organizing fabric I got reacquainted with fabric I didn't know I had. So now I feel like I have new fabric. I also have a couple of ideas for a couple of quilts. What a nice feeling.
    Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM

My brother just lost his house to foreclosure. He and SIL had a small fabric shop in their garage. Guess who just bought the stock? DH walked into a living room filled to the brim, raised an eyebrow and asked where the wood burning stove was. You can't see it for the boxes of fabric. That was his "kind" way of telling me to get rid of it NOW. Problem is every pc I pick up I "see" another project and want to put it in the keep pile. So as soon as I can "locate" my cutting table and camera I will be posting in the Classified section. Hope I can find the stove before the weather turns cold :)
    Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Gosh! I can't believe that I have found a group who is so much like me. My family has complained for years about all the fabric I have. I would just tell them that if there were another depression, at least we would have clothes to wear. Unfortunately my girls never liked the things I sewed for them, so that argument didn't go over too well, so I turned to quillting I do have more fabric than I will ever use in this lifetime. I bought the majority of it when I was working and didn't have enough time to sew, and now that I have the time I find myself with not enough energy to do all that I want to do. Have found myself in a similar situation that Debbie is in, and just hope that I have the same outcome.
    Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 AM

Me too! But there I was Thursday at a Fons and Porter Warehouse sale picking up fabric -it was only $3.00 a yard!!!
    Who in their right mind could resist? lol
    Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM

I regularly tell myself that I do not need to buy all these pretty fabrics, as there will always be more being made. But it does not help