Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina. >
  • I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina.

• I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
    Power Poster

Have a fun time!!
    Old 07-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel
    You are about one hour from THE FABULOUS Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC! This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity. Hope you have ground transportation and time. I believe that they open at 9am and close at 5. Closed on Sunday. They are on the web (to double check the hours and get address) but the store is fabulous with great prices and selection.
    THIS!!!!!!
    Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM

You are about one hour from THE FABULOUS Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC! This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity. Hope you have ground transportation and time. I believe that they open at 9am and close at 5. Closed on Sunday. They are on the web (to double check the hours and get address) but the store is fabulous with great prices and selection.
    Ok, I just got back from Greenville, South Carolina. The husbands did indulge me and took me to Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia. It was all you all said about the store and more. Some of the quilting supplies had the best prices on the rulers and squares that I have seen. It also had many notions I enjoyed learning about. And then there was the Fabrics.... needless to say, they will stay open another month with what I purchased. Thanks again for the heads up and will be going back again.
    Old 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM

So glad you got to go and indulge in such a wonderland.
    Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM

I didn't see your post before the weekend, but for next time, there is also the Bernina Sewing Center on Wade Hampton and Marietta's down in Simpsonville. Another newish shop that I like a lot is Elaine's Attic up in Landrum. It's a delightful shop that carries yarns as well as quilt fabrics. Plus, Landrum is just a fun little town to visit; a pretty drive up & lots of antique shopping when you get there. Hope you enjoyed your trip!
    Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking
    I didn't see your post before the weekend, but for next time, there is also the Bernina Sewing Center on Wade Hampton and Marietta's down in Simpsonville. Another newish shop that I like a lot is Elaine's Attic up in Landrum. It's a delightful shop that carries yarns as well as quilt fabrics. Plus, Landrum is just a fun little town to visit; a pretty drive up & lots of antique shopping when you get there. Hope you enjoyed your trip!
    Great, because we will be going back. Thanks again.
    Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Does Mary Jo's have a website? I come thru there occasionally and would like to stop sometime.
    Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Phannie1
    Ok, I just got back from Greenville, South Carolina. The husbands did indulge me and took me to Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia. It was all you all said about the store and more. Some of the quilting supplies had the best prices on the rulers and squares that I have seen. It also had many notions I enjoyed learning about. And then there was the Fabrics.... needless to say, they will stay open another month with what I purchased. Thanks again for the heads up and will be going back again.
    So glad you got to experience MaryJo's!! I went for the first time this past Friday and was so overwhelmed by what I saw it took me about an hour to get myself together!!!
    Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dakota Rose
    Does Mary Jo's have a website? I come thru there occasionally and would like to stop sometime.
    Yes they have a website.:www.maryjos.com
    Hours are Mon-Friday 9-7 Sat 9-5:45 Closed on Sundays. They are really adding to that exit shopping area right now.
    Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 PM

I am thrilled that you got to discover what the rest of us in the Mary Jo's Fan Club already know. You need to give your DH a big hug for taking you there! It's a one of a kind fabric shop as you have now discovered.
    I got there Friday morning so I am amazed that you found what you did after I finished up with MJ! LOL