Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I bought a Singer 301a for $5 today!!! >
  • I bought a Singer 301a for $5 today!!!

• I bought a Singer 301a for $5 today!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:38 AM

It was just waiting for you. ENJOY!
    Old 10-09-2011, 06:47 AM

Wow, what a bargain!!!
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 AM

Congratulations! You will love sewing on it in your cabinet. I found one in a used furniture store and didn't know what I was looking at - what an unusual cabinet I thought. Asked the gentleman to open it please and he pulled up a 301! It was either $55.00 or $57.00 and I asked him to please put it in the back of my van. I had bid on 2 different ones on e-bay and stopped at $200.00 and didn't know anything about the cabinet. I love sewing on it and you will love yours too. Big Sisters to our featherweights.
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:14 AM

Congratulations! Enjoy it.
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 AM

Wow, she looks in great condition!!!
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 AM

Does anyone. Have a brother 3000?? Every time I shut it off it reverts back to o.1 stitch and o sew on OO 2.5
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles
    LOL you do all probably know this but just in case someone missed it the 301A case is what 'Harry Potter' used to pack and leave in the movie ...... no wonder his mean ole aunt was mad !!!!!!!! at Warner Bros. here it is on display with the other props from the movie.
    NO I didn't not know that, how awesome is that!!!! Thanks for the info...now I will have to add that to my "story" when I show off my machine! Lol* :)
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
    Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
    Lol* I'm ecstatic. The Husband and I just happened to hit the thrift shop today, something we haven't done in months because he has been in between jobs. I was thrilled to find a little sewing machine for only $10...I didn't even really look at it, I just saw Singer and took it to the register to see if it worked. I knew it was a risk buying it even though it seemed to run, you never know if the timing is off and there was no thread to test it on. Turned out it was half off for today so I bought it, brought it home, and discovered it was a 301a!!! What a thrill! Even more exciting, IT SEWS!!! I'm so happy, I think this machine was meant for me. :)
    Ok now I'm really sad because I have a lady who has one without a case but the machine doesn't have a scratch on it and I am willing to pay a little less then she is asking which is 125.00 but I thought being she doesn't have a case I could offer 100.00??
    What great machines you have - you got a GREAT price on that Pfaff!!! I know what you mean though, I need another sewing machine like I need a hole in the head. I have a Singer Treadle, Sears & Roebuck Treadle, a vintage Singer in a cabinet that I don't know the model of, a Featherweight 221, my modern Simplicity Quilter's Classic and just a run of the mill White Sewing Machine, and another black laquered vintage machine I got for free at a yard sale that I don't think works, and a couple of toy sewing machines (one is my profile picture). LOL* Now I have a 301 to add to the collection! I love to sew on my machines though, it is so fun to think of the women who owned these and what they might have made on them.
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by janiesews
    Congratulations! You will love sewing on it in your cabinet. I found one in a used furniture store and didn't know what I was looking at - what an unusual cabinet I thought. Asked the gentleman to open it please and he pulled up a 301! It was either $55.00 or $57.00 and I asked him to please put it in the back of my van. I had bid on 2 different ones on e-bay and stopped at $200.00 and didn't know anything about the cabinet. I love sewing on it and you will love yours too. Big Sisters to our featherweights.
    WOW! How much do these go for? I went to "completed listings" on Ebay and it looked as though they sell around $100. I would never part with it though, I'm hoping to get a darning foot and use this as my free motioning machine. :)
    Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 AM
    Power Poster

You are so lucky. You were in the right place at the right time. She is a beauty.