Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I can finally walk in the door........ >
  • I can finally walk in the door........

• I can finally walk in the door........

Old 02-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Lilrain. I would give anything to be in Washington right now. I am so hot form cleaning. ButI am done for the day. I sat down to check on here and don't think I will get up any time soon. LOL. But it's coming along. In the picture witht he left looking messy./....well that shelf is clean too. I have so much more fabric to fold and need more shelves which are on the other side of the room behind the door. SO will fold them and find a spot for now. 15 items a week will not get rid of all this. I am so stuck with the fabrics. But I filled up 5 more boxes to get rid of - scraps and pieces I won't use.

Sadiemae - Don't be jealous, you have to finda spot for them. I buy cones of variegated thread because they each have 3000 yds and I hate to change threads. LOL. ONly when I do a project that needs solids.

Well, this is it for the day. I am taking a shower nad resting. Of course, I may get my second wind around 11pm or so. I'm a night owl.
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Sounds fun but probably so against the rules. LOL. I don't have to spike my coke, I am on a sugar rush. LOL. My guild and Project linus call me Energizer bunny. It has to be the sugar as I don't eat much. I stopped to have a coke and some potato chips. OK well, off to my room. I am so excited. The more I do , the bettr I like it.

Dreamer2009 - Other than more fabric, what is the surprise? Inquiring minds have to know now.....I have a shelf ready for the fabric I traded you for. Well, ok, it will be by the time it gets here.
    SO Bad!!!!!!!! YOu are such a tease. Now I will be watching for the mailman every morning while I have my coffee. Send sugar please......rofl
    Y*O*U are going to L*O*V*E~~~L*O*V*E~~~L*O*V*E
    your surprise...promise :)
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Originally Posted by Midwestmary
    Just saw this - posted on your other thread a few minutes ago - looking great, Deb! Did you wrap the fat quarters around a board or just fold them? Also was wondering about the comic boards....I'm feeling inspired to try to organize my stuff which is spread in three rooms and the basement :)
    The FQ's are folded just like I bought them. NO boards. The boards are on the smaller 1-2 yrd pieces. Fq's just sit all alone. I don't think there's that many boards in the store to do fq's. LOL
    And when I run out of boards, I will fold and stack. It's just after a whiel the stack starts to lean like the Tower of Pisa. So the boards help them lay flat.
    Check out JoAnn's. One gal gave me enough of their empty boards to fill the back seat of the car! My son took them to work and cut them in half for me. They're the perfect size.
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Deb, I'm sooooo proud of you!!! I've done some work in my areas, but nothing compared to you. You go girl!!!! Its got to feel soooo good seeing what's already been accomplished.
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM

I bought a can of popcorn (now empty) didn't know what to do with the can, now I do. Thanks for the idea of using it for bias tape and the like.

Judy
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:20 PM

oh Debbie, you're making incredible progress, and quickly too! I'm so proud of you!

PS - I love food quilts, made one for my DH for Christmas.
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Good going on all your hard work, can't wait to see the next batch of pictures
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
    Power Poster

Just saw this - posted on your other thread a few minutes ago - looking great, Deb! Did you wrap the fat quarters around a board or just fold them? Also was wondering about the comic boards....I'm feeling inspired to try to organize my stuff which is spread in three rooms and the basement :)
    lol...that's what I keep thinking: I should do this too...but without pictures! When ppl are honest I am crushed, lol!
    Debbie, this is such an interesting thread...keep going girl! after you rest of course! hey, it's like a movie...and I'll be sad when it's over.
    well, I am a mouse. I could come mess it up just a little to give you something to do afterwards... ;) :lol:
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:45 PM

Super job Debbie!!! You are doing great!!! I'm not as brave as you to post any pics of my 'mess' ..er I mean 'stash'... I was looking for something in a huge pile and found 6 charm packs that I bought 4 yrs ago and had forgotten about!!!!
    You are inspiring me to dig in and clean up! :)
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
    lol...that's what I keep thinking: I should do this too...but without pictures! When ppl are honest I am crushed, lol!
    Debbie, this is such an interesting thread...keep going girl! after you rest of course! hey, it's like a movie...and I'll be sad when it's over.
    well, I am a mouse. I could come mess it up just a little to give you something to do afterwards... ;) :lol:
    no, no, no mousie.
    no messing it up...lol