Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I can finally walk in the door........ >
  • I can finally walk in the door........

• I can finally walk in the door........

Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Originally Posted by Mousie
    Originally Posted by Midwestmary
    Just saw this - posted on your other thread a few minutes ago - looking great, Deb! Did you wrap the fat quarters around a board or just fold them? Also was wondering about the comic boards....I'm feeling inspired to try to organize my stuff which is spread in three rooms and the basement :)
    lol...that's what I keep thinking: I should do this too...but without pictures! When ppl are honest I am crushed, lol!
    Debbie, this is such an interesting thread...keep going girl! after you rest of course! hey, it's like a movie...and I'll be sad when it's over.
    well, I am a mouse. I could come mess it up just a little to give you something to do afterwards... ;) :lol:
    no, no, no mousie.
    no messing it up...lol
    but it's so much easier than cleaning? just trying to be helpful ;-)
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Originally Posted by Midwestmary
    Just saw this - posted on your other thread a few minutes ago - looking great, Deb! Did you wrap the fat quarters around a board or just fold them? Also was wondering about the comic boards....I'm feeling inspired to try to organize my stuff which is spread in three rooms and the basement :)
    lol...that's what I keep thinking: I should do this too...but without pictures! When ppl are honest I am crushed, lol!
    Debbie, this is such an interesting thread...keep going girl! after you rest of course! hey, it's like a movie...and I'll be sad when it's over.
    well, I am a mouse. I could come mess it up just a little to give you something to do afterwards... ;) :lol:
    no, no, no mousie.
    no messing it up...lol
    but it's so much easier than cleaning? just trying to be helpful ;-)
    ROFLMBO...trying to be helpful my cheese...
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Wow, this is really coming along. VERY NICE. It does take so much time to find organization and to decide HOW to go about it. I have begun repurposing items for this reason. When I look at the storage container or shelf, I imagine what would work best.
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by grugirl
    Wow, this is really coming along. VERY NICE. It does take so much time to find organization and to decide HOW to go about it. I have begun repurposing items for this reason. When I look at the storage container or shelf, I imagine what would work best.
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Debbie;

You're braver than I. I would never post pics of before and perhaps not even after. I've got to figure out a better storage system. Keep up the hard work - it is worth it in the long run. FYI: The last time I organized, I found 4 pieces of the same fabric and all about 2 yards in length. Wow, I really loved that fabric. :mrgreen:
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Lilrain. I would give anything to be in Washington right now. I am so hot form cleaning. ButI am done for the day. I sat down to check on here and don't think I will get up any time soon. LOL. But it's coming along. In the picture witht he left looking messy./....well that shelf is clean too. I have so much more fabric to fold and need more shelves which are on the other side of the room behind the door. SO will fold them and find a spot for now. 15 items a week will not get rid of all this. I am so stuck with the fabrics. But I filled up 5 more boxes to get rid of - scraps and pieces I won't use.

Sadiemae - Don't be jealous, you have to finda spot for them. I buy cones of variegated thread because they each have 3000 yds and I hate to change threads. LOL. ONly when I do a project that needs solids.

Well, this is it for the day. I am taking a shower nad resting. Of course, I may get my second wind around 11pm or so. I'm a night owl.
    What you do is to sell 15 boxes of fabric instead of individual pieces.....
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM

You go girl. It will be so worth it when you are done.
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Deb, I am so proud of you. You are making such great progress.......
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Thank you. Be sure to see my new posts with the progress... YOu are all so inspiring.
    Mousie - you can play in my room anytime. I don't think you could makemuch of a mess. I'll leave you some cheese out. *H*U*G*S*
    Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Lilrain. I would give anything to be in Washington right now. I am so hot form cleaning. ButI am done for the day. I sat down to check on here and don't think I will get up any time soon. LOL. But it's coming along. In the picture witht he left looking messy./....well that shelf is clean too. I have so much more fabric to fold and need more shelves which are on the other side of the room behind the door. SO will fold them and find a spot for now. 15 items a week will not get rid of all this. I am so stuck with the fabrics. But I filled up 5 more boxes to get rid of - scraps and pieces I won't use.

Sadiemae - Don't be jealous, you have to finda spot for them. I buy cones of variegated thread because they each have 3000 yds and I hate to change threads. LOL. ONly when I do a project that needs solids.

Well, this is it for the day. I am taking a shower nad resting. Of course, I may get my second wind around 11pm or so. I'm a night owl.
    Debbie, I know those five boxes are coming my way, right? I'm a very patient person and will gladly WAIT until you have ALL of your fabric organized to see what you want to send my way. You're such an amazing woman and I'm so glad that you posted the "BEFORE" pics and keep us all updated on the progress you're making. You're inspired MANY others to clean up their rooms too. You're going to have this done before you know it and then you'll be making some more wonderful quilts.