Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I can't believe I said I don't need more FABRIC >
  • I can't believe I said I don't need more FABRIC

• I can't believe I said I don't need more FABRIC

Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Money's tight here too but I took a notion to head for Knoxville next week with a friend to visit the AQS show there. (Despite today's $450 dental bill). We are no more than four hours from there. Right now I have enough fabric to keep me going for years to come but am afraid I will end up seeing some irresistable stuff. I need a support group but the only people I know who understand have the same problem I do and none of us wants to change.

Late DH commented once that he saw more fabric going into that room than coming out and I replied that the same is true of that great big safe full of shot guns. The only thing we had to show for that were a bunch of dead pheasants every fall and we had to buy a freezer to store them until the spring. You only need one gun to shoot them. Every quilter who is married needs to be married to a spouse who also has an expensive hobby. When belts need tightening both belts will be tightened simultaneously. That should be written into marriage vows.

Jane
    Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I said thee sane thing but immediately drove to the lqs to prove myself wrong.. Lol.
    Old 07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shelbie
    Where are you shopping in Guelph? The only places that I've found to buy fabric is Len's Mills (my preferred location) Greenwood Quiltery (too expensive unless it is on sale) Triangle Sewing Centre (had a huge problem with my Janome there and won't go back) and Fabricland (don't like their stuff). Where is the jobber's locale as I am frequently in Guelph?
    Shelbie ... I was answering thinking of Len's. And yes, you're right there's just the 4. Oh dear about Triangle. That's where my Janome is from and I thought everyone thought it was the ultimate place to go for their machines..

For anyone interested, Triangle has the largest selection of batiks I've seen anywhere. I think Nancy "collects" them! :)