Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I Can't Be Tired of Blue....Can I? >
  • I Can't Be Tired of Blue....Can I?

• I Can't Be Tired of Blue....Can I?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM

Green is my favorite, but I use lots of others. Sometimes your eyes need a change.
    Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
    Power Poster

Blue has always been my favorite color but it's changing. I seem go be going in stages with colors. Colors I used to dislike I now love, like green. I'm on a yellow kick at the moment. And pink is running neck and neck with blue. I must be regressing or something but I'm all about pink these days :D
    Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Blue has always been my favorite color but it's changing. I seem go be going in stages with colors. Colors I used to dislike I now love, like green. I'm on a yellow kick at the moment. And pink is running neck and neck with blue. I must be regressing or something but I'm all about pink these days :D

And aren't we lucky that we live in an age where there are thousands of choices. I once actually counted my blues and there were 289. I probably have more now, as I have added to it since then.
    Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

And aren't we lucky that we live in an age where there are thousands of choices. I once actually counted my blues and there were 289. I probably have more now, as I have added to it since then.
    Yes we are! One thing that baffles me is how a color that use to be ugly to me becomes lovely when it's "in style"- I will never figure that one out :D That color green that I used to detest is everywhere these days and I suddenly love it. Then again I like certain colors for certain things only. Love purple flowers, no love for purple in much else, same with orange. But I continue to have a love affair with color !!!
    Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM

I know, lately I have been very interested in Earth tones, but could I be "falling out of love" with my favorite?
    It's just the opposite with me. Earth tones have always been my favorite but lately I've seen at least half a dozen quilts with various blues that are tempting me. I even started a collection of blues for one of the patterns that I hope to make "one day." Too many projects still at the top of the list yet for me to start another project.
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 PM

You seem to have too many blues in your stash!!

I love blue and I don't really live THAT FAR AWAY.
    Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Originally Posted by raptureready
    Did you ever really fall out of love with your first love? I think not. At least I didn't. I still have a little tiny piece of my heart that he holds(and the next and the next and so on). It will be the same with blue, it will always be your first love no matter how many colors you have later on in life. Trust me, I know. LOL!! Yep, by the time you reach your golden years you should have worked your way through all the colors so that your quilts can be as colorful as your patchwork heart.
    No, I did not ever completely get over my first love. He was like no other.............He was Mister Ed. But you are not old enough to know who he was? Are you?
    Old enough? The mud was still drying after the big flood when I was born. Yes, I remember Mr. Ed---he was beautiful. I think my first loves were Lassie, Red Skelton, Rin Tin Tin and Sky King. Oh, and we can't forget Captain Kangaroo!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 AM
    bkb

Went to my grandson's 1950's SOCK HOP the other night and no one knew the correct dances! If I could just move like I use to! LOL
    Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 AM

If you no longer love the blue quilts in your house, I'll gladly take them off your hands for a bit :twisted: :D :lol:
    Old 03-17-2010, 05:50 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deecee
    You seem to have too many blues in your stash!!

I love blue and I don't really live THAT FAR AWAY.
    Great! Just let me call Captain Kirk....