Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I Got a New Drawing Program >
  • I Got a New Drawing Program

• I Got a New Drawing Program

Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 AM

Woohoo I finally found a drawing program with an isometric grid, been looking for ages for one I could afford, it's an older version of Turbo CAD, but that's alright, I don't need all the new fangdangled doodads. Yippee now I can draw up all my 60 degree and hexagonal work on the puter, soon as I figure out how to drive it that is :lol: . It can draw parallel lines so once I figure out how to set them exactly 1/4" apart, I'll be able to draw my shapes with an auto seam allowance added. Gonna take me some time to figure things out, oh well it'll keep me outta trouble for a while he he. Does anyone know what a 2D boolean operation thingy is :? That's alright, neither do I :lol:
    Old 06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
    Administrator

it sounds like something that's probably illegal in several states. :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-04-2008, 03:42 AM
    Banned

Congratulations, Shelly! Have fun with your new CAD program. "Boolean operations use two or more existing 2D objects to create a new object. Objects can be combined, subtracted, and intersected." So, two squares placed next to each other make a rectangle for instance. http://www.kxcad.net/imsi/TurboCAD/t...operations.htm Not sure if this covers your version of the program or not, but it should be close.
    Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    it sounds like something that's probably illegal in several states. :lol: :lol:
    Lol you are so bad Patrice :lol: Sounds like it's a kinda special grouping function, which I spose also ought to be illegal in several states :lol:

But seriously tho, I'm tearing my hair out, It's way more technical than anything I've used before, the puter screen was nearly ejected out da window today :twisted:

Thankyou so much nor'easter for the link, there's a whole lot of helpful stuff there, at the moment I'm trying to figure out how to activate the snap to grid so my lines stop going just wherevers they want to. So far I've got a page full of various squiggles and shapes, interesting, but not quite the look I was going for :wink: