Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I hate binding a quilt >
  • I hate binding a quilt

• I hate binding a quilt

Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 PM

I got mine at Walmart. I also ordered from Joann online. Look where the arts/crafts paints are.

Originally Posted by katkat1946
    THANK YOU X A MILLION for suggesting Sharon Schamber's binding videos!!! They are fantastic. Now I just need to know where to get a fine tip like she had for the end of the glue bottle. link: http://quiltinggallery.com/2008/05/1...s-school-glue/
    Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM

You can use the plastic or metal (plastic tip is cheaper) tip off an inexpensive mechanical pencil (Bic/etc). Sharon Schamber used to have a video on how she did it.

You take the tip off the glue bottle (Elmers school glue)...push the pencil tip into the tip and figure out how much of the glue bottle tip to trim so the pencil tip will just fit into the opening about 1/4".

now cut the tip off the bottle...down about 1/4 to 1/2", just so it does not interfere with the pencil tip inside the glue bottle tip.

Having shoved the pencil tip up into the glue bottle tip...replace the glue bottle tip onto the glue bottle. You will have to use a straght pin to close the glue bottle.

Originally Posted by katkat1946
    THANK YOU X A MILLION for suggesting Sharon Schamber's binding videos!!! They are fantastic. Now I just need to know where to get a fine tip like she had for the end of the glue bottle. link: http://quiltinggallery.com/2008/05/1...s-school-glue/
    Old 10-31-2011, 02:26 PM

Thanks, Everyone, for the hints on the tip for the glue bottle!
    Old 10-31-2011, 03:20 PM

Joyce...read some of the replies Ive received here...my goodnes one of these will help you...Ive saved everyone of the ones posted so that I can take one morning and view the ones that have a video to watch...I always learn better watching something rather then reading.....so good luck....when I do one Iam going to post a picture of it and let the group know whom I choose....Trish