Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I just want to make ALL the quilts! >
  • I just want to make ALL the quilts!

• I just want to make ALL the quilts!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

I have started UFOs and a list of designs for different people with the patterns and colors and nothing really finished. Need to get the GDs finished soon. So many patterns out there to choose from and next thing you know I have to try this block or that block. might make a note attached to the block to try different color. Welcome to the world of quilting.
    Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 AM

I can relate to you with this addiction. I'm glad to say I only have 1 UFO left to finish and I don't know what I'm going to do with it once it is finished. Was going to be for my mother but she's changed her color scheme plus now lives with me and has no place to put it. Its more of a oversized wall hanging than a bed quilt. I like to have a couple projects started at the same time as I tend to get bored if I'm doing something repetitive over and over again. I just move it off to the side or design wall and work on another project. Eventually they all get finished. I have 5 quilt tops waiting to be quilted and even have the layout all figured out but not in the mood to quilt........yet. Do any of you ever get that feeling that you just don't want to quilt and see it finished?

Suz in Iowa
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 AM

It is an untreatable disease. I have a really bad case of it. I have a rule for this year for myself. I have to do 2 UFO's before I can start something new. So far I am doing well with this. But soon I will run out of the easy UFO's and have to start on the ones that will take more work. We will see how it goes then. My goal for the year is to finish all of the UFO's . HA HA like this will work!!!!!!
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 AM

I love it because there are so many choices and directions I can spend my time in. Do I want to quilt, cut, piece, pin - several projects all spinning around waiting their turn. I think it is amazing that even the ironing part makes it a pleasure. Off to pin a baby quilt and then explore what stitch i plan to use on a huge woven quilt that is ready for quilting.
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 AM

I have about a dozen WIPs in my closet that I haven't worked on for over a year. In the meantime I have finished about a dozen for gifts. Quilts for me always take a back seat to the ones that will be gifted. I also tend to get tired of working on the really big ones, and I put them away "for a while" to work on other things. Oh, I have also made several dresses for DGD in between quilts. I do have a system of always having 1 quilt on the design wall, 1 on the machine for FMQ, and 1 getting binding sewn down by hand.
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 AM

I was told last week that if a quilter had four or more projects going at one time, they were then a master quilter.
    Well if that were so then I must be a master quilter
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by pyffer3
    I am like francie.....I get bored easily. I have been not really wanting to do anything for a while now. I started back last night. I have one that needs to be quilted (it is sandwiched and ready to go). 1 completed quilt top. 1 quilt top I am working on...I think it might turn out ok as I changed my plan mid-stream! 2 others I have fabric and patterns for waiting to be cut out. Plus I have the quilt blocks for bom for Jan-Mar and need to get April done. Got a plan for the overall quilt using them though! I'd like to make a scrappy quilt using my left-overs......too many ideas, not enough time! Not to mention there have been times I have spent HOURS reading this board and not getting anything done. LOL
    I had to laugh at the end of your comment. This is me also, I get bored doing the same thing. My mind also races thinking I can make all these quilts that "I have to have." I have 5 projects planned and I"m not finished with the 2 I started since Jan.
    But the biggest laugh came when you said " I have spent Hours reading this board and not getting anything done." like right now.
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 AM
    Power Poster

I am right there with you. DH comments about how much "STUFF" I have
    Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 AM

No, you are not the only one. What to do with that depends. You can just go hog wild and all over the place. You can do one quilt at a time. You can have one quilt on the machine for quilting or piecing and another that needs hand work (that is my preferred method, helps with juggling the expenses, I work on ONLY 2 at a time). It just depends on how "you roll" LOL. Maybe in your heart, you don't want "controls". So my advise, stop, think about your methods of madness and what you want to do.
    Old 04-26-2013, 07:11 AM

I blame the fabric companies lol. I love Moda fabric and like fashion they bring out new lines every 3 months and if you don't buy them within 6 months you'll never find the fabric again. If I love it I buy enough for a quilt. I work on 5-6 projects at a time. I'm buying a longarm in June so all my projects will be quilted then so I'm just stitching away and loving it