Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I love football season.... >
  • I love football season....

• I love football season....

Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM

Oh, I have to watch the Vikings, but I also like to quilt, but don't have a tv to get reception in my sewing room. Good idea to have a few binding to hand sew while watching on the big tv.
    Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM

I am the college football/basketball fan in my house. I just make sure to have some kind of hand-work that I can do while watching.
    Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 PM

DH doesn't worry about football, but NASCAR is priority. If he can't watch live, he records. My real, completely free time is usually during harvest(wheat, milo, corn or cotton). He is retired from an oil company, but continues to farm some. During season, I am a widow from daylight to midnight sometimes. He never fusses about me cleaning, cooking, or washing......Unless he runs out of 'panties'! lol
    Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM

Well my house is Sports Nation. Fall is tough: Rays baseball, College football-we are a Notre Dame/Michigan home, NFL is Buccaneers plus fave players, NASCAR & pro golf & tennis. My grandson is playing Jr Hi football at our school & as a private school educator I've got students playing every fall sport we have so my life is pretty much all sports all the time! Thank goodness I've got a TV in my sewing room!
    Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 PM

We go to the Wellness Center to exercise every morning then my husband reads western books and watches the golf channel. That leaves me free to quilt. Sometimes he cooks breakfast; but he always unloads the dishwasher and almost always folds and puts away the laundry. The best thing is that he never complains about how much I spend on quilting.
    Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 PM

I also love football season, deer season and NASCAR races ........
    Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM

I've got a TV and a DVD recorder in my room. I record one game and watch another. We record the 3rd game if available on the VCR. We are OTA, no cable. I love instant replay. I can just listen and then watch the replay.

We watch the games for the rest of the week, unless something like Nova or History Detectives is on.
    Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM

I love, love, love football - mostly college (GO GATORS), but pro-ball will do in a pinch. Saturdays and Sundays in the fall are NOT my prime quilting/sewing days.
    Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 PM

I like "watching" baseball and football on tv with my husband because I can hand quilt and take in most of the games. What I find hard is that he likes to GO to the high school football games on Friday nights during the season, even though our boys played 14 to sixteen years ago!!! And of course he wants my company. I usually go, if I can't find some excuse, because he is good to me. But it's hard to get too excited these days, cause we don't know any of the players any more! And he usually wants to stay till the bitter end....
    Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM

I love football!! But Im the one watching it, never miss a game. Watch all day Sun. and evening, and then of course theres the Mon. night game. Always have a large hand work project ready to start. This year its a CQ. I love hand work and embroidery. Come on Colts!!!!