Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I need Help :o >
  • I need Help :o

• I need Help :o

Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM

YEAH I FINALLY FOUND A QUILTER IN PHX ON HERE ! GREAT FABRIC :) CANT WAIT TO SEE THE QUILT
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 AM

The finished size is 74" X 86"

Originally Posted by annette1952
    I absolutely love your quilt! Wow!! What is the finished size? Are you going to enter it into any quilt contests or shows? It is just beautiful! Now whats next on your agenda? Keep us all posted
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-82148.jpe  
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Ingenious. Artistic. Creative. Imaginative. You put so many talents and skills into the making of this quilt. I love the way the flowers drape. You did your research and made an heirloom your family will be proud of for generations yet to come. Good job. Thank you for letting us enjoy the journey with you.
    Regards, Dorothy
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Beautiful beyond words! Outstanding! That definitely needs to go in a quilt show, it WILL win!
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Thank you for alerting me that you posted the pic. Your quilt is breathtaking. I love it.
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM

I still like it! You did a wonderful job. But, my favorite part is the flower branch. Dragon is nice, but, those flowers reach out and pull me in. Will look forward to more of your creative work.
    Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Another similar idea is apply a fusible web such as steam a seam 2 or misty fuse to the back of your print, then fussy cut out the dragon and other sections, spread them out on the black fabric and raw edge applique them down using a satin stitch. If you cut the 3 yds of black in half and then sewed them together you could make a 54" sq medallion. Then make a red and black border, maybe half square triangles or one of the borders from quilters cache. I think I would save the white of another project.
    Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Really like it! So creative, intriguing, a delightful work of art! My only reservation (which is entirely a personal preference, not an artistic statement) is that I would have made the white border narrower. I have this thing about worrying that white will get dirty too easily. But it certainly does look great, so I really can't argue from anything other than my own prejudice. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what you will do next. You've set a very high standard.
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
    I followed your progress in wonder and amazement. My goodness, such a creative mind! I just wasn't born with that talent. I have to see it to visualize it. With each step I couldn't imagine your quilt getting any better because it was so awesome at that step. Then you just kept going and going and going. !!!!!!!!! I loved the stitching you did on the dragon. Then you jumped right into the symbols and thennnnnnnnnn came the branches with flowers. Oh,,,,,,,,,my,,,,,,,,,goodness. !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your work is marvelous and I have really enjoyed your sharing it with us at each step.
    Ah yes, my reaction too. I had to catch myself up with all that was going on, because I have not been on here in like forever. Your work is fab. Thanks so much for sharing with us all.
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Wow. Just...wow. It is beautiful! It was a pleasure watching this work of art come to life. You did a fabulous job. Please, please let us know when you start on the Koi fish! I am so excited to see what you do with them!
    Congrats on finishing such a beautiful quilt!