Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I need your HELP and suggestions please >
  • I need your HELP and suggestions please

• I need your HELP and suggestions please

Old 03-15-2014, 03:13 PM

Oh cathyvv, that sounds good. I never would have thought of that.
    Old 03-16-2014, 03:20 AM

I made a quilt (several years ago) that was pieced squares on the front, and a pictorial print on the back. The back was so nice, it was as pretty as the front. I took it to my LAQ, and asked her how to quilt front, but not have stitching run throughout the faces of the fabric on the back. She suggested that she quilt it from the back, and we agreed on it. It came out wonderful! I'd have it quilted to compliment the "clothesline" side & let the back take care of itself. Best wishes!
    Old 03-16-2014, 04:02 AM

How bout a grid like a fence . It will look as if the washing is blowing in the wind in the garden.
    Old 03-16-2014, 04:04 AM

You can never go wrong with diagonal grid quilting! Very cute quilt!
    Old 03-16-2014, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
    I'm all for meandering I love to write little messages in the meander and I would love to do that for Jessica's baby. I'm glad someone supports the idea. My sister, who is more like the quilt police, made one of those famous guttural sounds when I mentioned I might do a meander
    Your sister is NOT the quilt police. Do what YOU think is best and be sweet about it. The quilt is not for her so her opinion is not important.
    Old 03-16-2014, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by star619
    I made a quilt (several years ago) that was pieced squares on the front, and a pictorial print on the back. The back was so nice, it was as pretty as the front. I took it to my LAQ, and asked her how to quilt front, but not have stitching run throughout the faces of the fabric on the back. She suggested that she quilt it from the back, and we agreed on it. It came out wonderful! I'd have it quilted to compliment the "clothesline" side & let the back take care of itself. Best wishes!
    I am all in agreement with this statement. That is exactly what I would do, the clothes line, to me, is the most important side and the patches on the other side are just that, patches.
    Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 AM

I did one that was two sided several years ago. I used thin batting and bridal toole for one side and quilted that, then did the same for the backside. joined them together with quilting where it would fit and not "clash" on the other side. Then I bound them as one. It won a ribbon at the fair, was then given to a long awaited baby and is now waiting for his son. Still together and the quilting is holding.
    Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 AM

I would do a meander, or a crosshatch. I got the brilliant idea to do a reversible for my great-nephew an then, in a moment of insanity, decided to do echo quilting around the figures. Sure that looked great on the front side, but it didn't match the figures on the reverse. If I had it to do over I would have done a meander or a crosshatch as it would have worked for both sides. You are going to have one super cute quilt whatever you decide. Good luck and quilting hugs to you.
    Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 AM

I made a quilt out of two different fabric panels for my grandson. One side was Spiderman, the other side was a Cars character. I quilted each side independently. Each panel was quilted with just the backing, then they were put together and bound. It turned out really cute.
    Old 03-16-2014, 07:29 AM

Thanks everyone. I think I will focus on the front, the clothesline and let the back just be what it is. Jessica will love it no matter what