Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I ordered some fabric from... >
  • I ordered some fabric from...

• I ordered some fabric from...

Old 08-03-2010, 04:08 AM

Hi, I am a newby but someone was asking about where to find remnants and scraps, well i don't know how many here are aware of a yahoo group called freecycle? I am a member of freecycle in norfolk va and most of my fabric has come from others in the group. I have done very well by it actually and even have recieved hoops, batting, threads etc and i also use some sheets, old or newer ones to gain fabric, freecycle members on average here post offers for old sheets or not so old ones as well as fabric. Freecycle keeps things out of the landfills that do not need to go there and can be recycled. Also i look for old shirts, mens shirts with plads are excellent sources of fabris as well as buttons.
    I save EVERYTHING! LOL! and my stash has far outgrown my closet, Im insane! hehe happy quilting everyone! check out freecycle, its all free, a trade off which works very well and if you are planning to toss something out that still has life in it, someone on freecycle would probably want it.:)