Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "I remember" mistakes >
  • "I remember" mistakes

• "I remember" mistakes

Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

I can so relate, I did something similar last night I was working on a paper pieced block -I had precut squares for the different parts, then ran short,cut another one, then found the one that had somehow jumped off my sewing table and committed hari kari. LOL. I just call them Sr. brain cramps, and chalk it up to getting older, being interrupted too many times in a day, and not because of kids either. Oh well, onward and upward - the quilts await.
    Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM

I am a sticky notes person because my remembering ain't what it used to be...no matter what I think! LOL and crying right along with you!
    Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 AM

I've done it too! Pin sides to be sewn then sew wrong sides-rip and then do exact same thing. My DD says I have "sometimers disease" Some time I remember-sometimes forget" and if my kitten hasn't run off with my ripper I start over again!
    Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 AM
    sap

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    The most common reason I make mistakes is when I *think* I remember something and I'm wrong.

Walked into the sewing room tonight and said "I remember .... I need to cut 16 pieces of the Magenta". Wrong ... I had already cut 8. Only needed 8 more. Wasted fabric.

Sat down to sew and said "I remember the row starts with black then yellow" and proceeded to sew black, yellow, salmon and magenta before I realized that yes ... they were in the right order ... for the LAST row, not this row. rip rip rip

I took a short break when husband arrived home, to clear my head, then went back into the sewing room and said "I remember where I left off" and began to sew the same colors in the wrong order AGAIN!!

Another time I was making a fracture (this happened TWICE actually - two different projects at two different times) and I said "I remember the next step" and proceeded to cut ... and of course I was wrong and cut the WHOLE PANEL in the wrong direction. I just won the opportunity to buy another panel!!

I need to put a giant sign in my sewing room that says "You DON'T remember!!!"

I'm staying out of the sewing room the rest of the evening. It's just not going to work tonight.

Now I feel better to know I'm not alone!
    Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM

It is oddly comforting to know we all do this!
    Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 AM

Some days are like that..2 steps forward, 5 steps back. Live and learn.

I keep a dry erase board nearby. When I stop to take a break on a project, I write what I will do next when I return.

Post it notes work great to help you remember. You can number them 1 2 3 and so on if keeping color orders straight in rows. Ie. row 1: black yellow white . I put a check mark across the note when the row is complete and put out row 2 post it. This works for me.