Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I think I bought the wrong stuff >
  • I think I bought the wrong stuff

• I think I bought the wrong stuff

Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 PM

I use interfacing for the purse I designed...I actually have to go buy some more...
    Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
    crt

Originally Posted by cindle
    I did ask for fusible pellon when I went into Fabricland and not knowing a lot about sewing I thought the lady had given me the proper stuff. Until I looked at the tutorial and noticed that their's was fluffy and mine wasn't.
    Oh...I didn't understand. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
    Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM

You're going to Joann's......I'm jealous!
    Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
    It isn't just the Fabricland in your town. I think they are all like that. My closest FL is 35 km away, the clerks are extremely rude and they never have the sales stuff that they advertise. They also seem to have less and less fabric and more of the store is being taken over by drapery fabrics, home decor etc. Several FL are also going out of business, one in Guelph gone and the one is Milton closing soon. Fabric stores are in very short supply in my part of Ontario and I'm a long way from the border so the U.S. is not an option for shopping.
    I've never had problems at my fabricland...the staff is always helpful, friendly and knowledgeable, an they usually have what I'm looking for...I can't say I've had a bad experience there. I just make sure to shop sales, because it gets pricey! They're having a big sale now, actually. I plan to hit it up tomorrow!
    Old 10-20-2010, 03:37 PM

If it is the ultra firm or extra firm stuff I would just put some batting over it, I have done this for quilted diaper bags before. I used Pellon Peltex in ALL my bags. That stuff stands alone litteraly! lol
    Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Cindle, You need to specify fusible FLEECE by Pellon the next time. I think you would be fine to use what you purchased (it does sound like interfacing) but you will need to use some batting as well and be sure to do enough free motion quilting to keep it 'still' inside the purse. You need to do that in order to have the stiffness needed to make the bag stand up well to use. The lady at the store probably didn't stop to think that maybe you were asking for something different. It is just an unfortunate misunderstanding. Pam
    Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM

I did ask for fusible pellon when I went into Fabricland and not knowing a lot about sewing I thought the lady had given me the proper stuff. Until I looked at the tutorial and noticed that their's was fluffy and mine wasn't.
    Um, I don't understand what you mean about fluffy? The fusible fleece isn't fluffy. It's pretty flat with the glue on one side. You can feel the glue.
    Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
    It isn't just the Fabricland in your town. I think they are all like that. My closest FL is 35 km away, the clerks are extremely rude and they never have the sales stuff that they advertise. They also seem to have less and less fabric and more of the store is being taken over by drapery fabrics, home decor etc. Several FL are also going out of business, one in Guelph gone and the one is Milton closing soon. Fabric stores are in very short supply in my part of Ontario and I'm a long way from the border so the U.S. is not an option for shopping.
    I actually got so mad tonight that I emailed the company to complain. Doubt it will do any good but at least I got it off my chest. That's the only fabric store we have here in the town I live in but I'm only about 20 minutes from the boarder so I'm over there ALOT lol. Glad that I found a Jo Ann fabric too.
    Old 10-20-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
    Um, I don't understand what you mean about fluffy? The fusible fleece isn't fluffy. It's pretty flat with the glue on one side. You can feel the glue.
    By fluffy I just meant it looked like it had bating stuck to it unlike mine which is just interfacing.
    Old 10-20-2010, 06:34 PM

Ok now that I have a meter of interfacing what can I do with it?
    I use interfacing for the inside pockets, instead of the fusible fleece.