Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I think I scared the mail lady. >
  • I think I scared the mail lady.

• I think I scared the mail lady.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ljfox
    This happens quite often. The carriers are not supposed to give you the package or mail, but the really nice ones will still do it and hope not to get in trouble. At the Post office we call people who do this mailbox stalkers.
    I would hope that the carriers aren't supposed to leave packages out in the street either, but that happens frequently in our semi-rural neighborhood.
    Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 AM

Ahhhhhhh! I guess I'm a mail stalker too! I even help with the mail so I could get mine before mailcall. They are used to me now so they call me in advance to let me know I have a box if the word "fabric" is anywhere on the box and I havne't showed up to help. lol.
    Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 AM

I made the list of "weird person", too. I don't think we are "Weird", we need to find another word for it.
    Old 04-03-2011, 03:32 AM

I've done that at work, even ridden around the neighborhood in my car! - for packages and if I am expecting a check $$$$! But one letter carrier told me that it against regs to hand out mail to someone from the truck. A real spoilsport he was!
    LOL love all your stories!
    Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 AM

I have stopped both UPS and FedX on occasion. Nothing so nerve wracking as waiting for a pkg., 'specially if it has quiltiing supplies or a machine in it. I did stop the FedX guy about $50 worth of coffee that was wayyy overdue once.
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 AM

when it comes to fabric...no "odd" behavior is...well....odd!!
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 AM

I think I will go to another retreat---when I got back I found that all 3 of my orders that were outstanding had arrived. DH said the post lady was so shocked to see him getting the mail. Then realized I must be off quilting again and said I should be really happy when I got home. I was, nothing was back ordered. If I am baking cookies or cinnamon rolls or something else always take a a treat over to the PO for her. We live in a very small town, so she knows everyone.
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 AM

I didn't hunt my guy down. Didn't have to but if I came up on him and there was a package he gave it to me. He knew everyone on his route. The packages were put inside the breezeway next to the kitchen door. He said he was no longer allowed to accept gifts even at Christmas. No cookies either. We got around that though. we just waited until we saw him at Christmas dinner at a friends house.
    He did wave me and my GD down one day when he had a box addressed to her at our house it was the new Harry Potter book. He said he knew she would want it. He knew she read in the car when we went shopping. :-) That was in gA
    Mail man now. Does as little as he possibly can. not friendly at all.
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 AM

I call our post office almost every Saturday (only day I can pick up packages) to find out if I have any. I open it there and they get to look and comment on the material.

They quilt too.
    Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 AM

Love these stories. I'm semi-rural, too. Our mail lady is sweet and delivers, if the box is small, right to my house - the mailboxes are at the other corner of the block. AND she accepts gifts, even puts a thank you in the box. She's a gem.