Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I took a huge leap! >
  • I took a huge leap!

• I took a huge leap!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM

Congradulations on your new machines. If I may, I suggest that you go to www.cuteembroidery.com and sign up. It is a forum much like this one but mostly directed to machine embroidery. You will find very knowledgable people who will answer your questions and give you help on starting out. Also, many of them digitize and offer free(look under Designs By Cuties) their amazing designs. Have fun!
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM

If you had enough money for both machines, then there is nothing to explain. Enjoy.
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:47 PM

I too had bought 2 I just told him about the second one, one I was sewing on the second and he asked when I had gotten I told him I had it for a while...
    I didn't get anything for Mother's day got up set, I had major back surgery the year before and I figured I was allowed a new machine...even though I had bought a new one right before surgery... he didn't say anything, just laughed. but then I did already do it.... Then he bought me another one last summer, a featherlight with a table to go with it....it's nice...I am really lucky to have such a great DH....sorry to ramble...
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 PM

That is a very sweet thought, she knows that I love and support her and her family, but the idea of giving her a quilt to auction is fabulous. I know she sells whatever she can on ebay, she signs up for every rebate and give away and turns those into $$. I love your idea, thanks!
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Embroider something on his boxers!
    I really like this idea!!!! Good Luck he did say it was yours to do with as you please!!
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM

What a wonderful gift from your husband. It shouldn't matter that you bought 2 machines - you shopped carefully and bought what you wanted. I'm sure he is happy because you are happy. Just give him a big thank you!
    Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Boxers is a fantastic idea.... how 'bout red lips and mini sewing machines?
    Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM

I love the idea of the boxer shorts!
    Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM

i just recently bought an "all occasion gift" for myself. so i won't expect anything for the rest of the year. actually, i don't expect anything anyway. but i mention it because my dh got home from a business trip, walked right past the big box and the huge piece of styrofoam packing, and as far as i can tell either either didn't see it or didn't care. so my new brother embroidery machine is on my desk waiting for me to learn how to use it.
    Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM

good for you. they will last for a long time and bring sooooooooooo much pleasure. I don't think your hubby will mind at all and maybe you will make money with them also to help the family. double winner. ggl

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief
    Not long ago DH gave me a bunch of money - we have been financially helping his daughter whose family is in the middle of a terribly emotional and financial disaster with no end in sight. I think his gift to me is the way he is compensating for his generosity to his daughter. When he gave me the money he said it was to do whatever I wanted. I put it in the bank and didn't touch it for weeks then asked him again what he meant. Again he said do whatever you want with it I don't care. So after careful deliberation I bought a new sewing machine, a Janome MC6600. The shop gave me their standard $50 off for purchasing with them and an additonal 5% off for buying with cash or check. After bringing it home I pondered about my quilt shop's machine offer, buy one get the second 20% off. I couldn't resist, yesterday I took advantage of the 2 machine discount and bought my first embroidery machine, a Janome 350. What sweeted the deal, after saving almost $300 and the 5% off for buying with cash, I discovered that the husband of one of the owners loves to take designs he finds on the computer and digatizes (not sure of spelling) them to use on the Janome machine. He is not only going to teach me how to use the machine, he will give me a file of very cute snowmen faces, a file he made of various things his wife said she was thankful for to make a Thanksgiving wall hanging and a file with sun bonnet Sues he made for a 12 block quilt in blue, one for each month of the year. My husband knows about the MC6600 because he saw me set it up on the table, now I have to break the news that I actually bought 2 machines....any suggestions how to break the ice?