• Main
  • I WON! >
  • I WON!

• I WON!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
    Power Poster

Great, Edie!!! :D:D
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Congrats!! I haven't found all the blocks for the quilt yet, but it is a cute one!! :)
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 PM

I have won twice now - same $10 gift certificate!! It is so easy to surf and get all the shops in each month. I wonder if they try to have everyone win at least $10? I am never lucky!!
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
    Curious....what is a shop hop??? also congrats! on winning
    Go to fabshophop.com and there is a whole bunch of quilt shops that participate and you can win beautiful prizes and you can win a $10.00 gift certificate for fabric from a quilt shop. I won from Becky's Quilts and Comforts, in Mason City, Iowa. I am really excited because I am planning to make a baby quilt for a baby girl due in May and I was able to find two yards (on sale - 50% off), same pattern but one had a pink background and the other a white background. It is going to be sweet, I hope!

Anyhow, each shop hop has instructions for a quilt and some of the shops have the pattern which you will find after you find the bunny and "Register for Prizes. The the verification comes on your screen and you scroll down a bit and either it will have the pattern or it won't. So you continue on. In the January Shop Hop, I have found the bunny in 41 (out of 174) and have only found one quilt pattern. The quilt is called "All Around the Neighborhood" and is really sweet - actually it is perfect for a little girl baby because we have such a fantastic neighborhood.

Anyhow I am on my Fifth shop hop and this was my second time winning, and the neatest thing is the quilts/blocks you can make. One was spring flowers, one was a Christmas sampler called "Signs of the Seasons", one was Cupcakes, one was Spring Sampler, and Nifty Nine Patch Sampler. It is fun to look at the different shops around the US and there are so many good ideas, not to mention tools. They are just the best. And these shops are so knowledgeable about stuff.

Anyhow, that's what the shop hop is! Once you do it, you are hooked. And, after you have found the last bunny, which sometimes are quite hard, you go into withdrawal. You have it in your head to find that darned elusive bunny. Enjoy! Edie